Jacobs Intermediate Structural Engineer – Building and Plant Design in Calgary, Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
If you are ready to bridge the gap between our world and our people, join Jacobs. Let’s build for a brighter future together. Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
If you want to join a company invested in you, your success, and the global community - join us as an Intermediate Structural Engineer .
As a vital member of our Calgary team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on wide range of municipal, environmental, industrial, and commercial projects that focus on buildings and various structure design. You will be working on projects in Canada, US and Internationally.
Working alongside a team of technicians and engineers, you’ll be involved in the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Performing structural analysis and design for the variety of building types, structural system and structures including new design as well as retrofit and upgrade of existing buildings and structures,
• Creating computer models and preparing structural calculations
• Preparing structural specifications, contract documents, structural assessment and design reports
• Project coordination with other disciplines – (Process, building mechanical, architectural, civil, electrical, and instrumentation and control)
• Provide general engineering support during construction
• Conduct construction site reviews and prepare inspection reports
• Involvement in business development and preparing proposals
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Structural Engineering
• Registration as a Structural Engineer with APEGA
• 5 to 8 years of relevant engineering experience
• Knowledge of North American building codes and standards, including general building design, seismic design, and detailing requirements
• Proficient with concrete, steel, masonry, aluminum, and FRP material structural design
• Working knowledge of structural engineering design software including SAP 2000, STAAD-Pro, Visual Analysis
• Solid teamwork and verbal and written communication skills in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Knowledge of ACI-350 Code Requirements for Environmental Engineering Concrete Structures and experience with design of liquid retaining structures.
• Experience with structural rehabilitation and repairs
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.