Jacobs Intermediate/Senior Environmental Planner in Calgary, Alberta
Jacobs is currently looking to hire an Intermediate Environmental Planner to join our dynamic team in Calgary. The successful candidate will join our Environmental Planning Practice, and will work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams to oversee the environmental assessment efforts for government and privately-owned infrastructure projects.
• Provide environmental planning and permitting support to our numerous infrastructure projects across Canada. Duties will include preparing proposals, managing multi-disciplinary project teams, and preparing and coordinating municipal, provincial and federal environmental applications.
• Develop and implement infrastructure permitting and risk management strategies.
• Develop and implement detailed project schedule and budget execution strategies.
• Coordinate and oversee preparation of provincial (such as Alberta Energy Regulator and Alberta Environment and Parks, British Columbia Environmental Assessment Office) and federal regulatory applications (such as the National Energy Board and CEAA) for a variety of infrastructure projects.
• Manage infrastructure permitting and construction projects through the provision of technical environmental expertise, and oversight of multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Coordinate and oversee third party environmental consultants.
• Preparation and implementation of project-specific health and safety plans in adherence with corporation and regulatory requirements
• Provide environmental technical expertise to support the development and maintenance of relationships with external stakeholders including regulatory agencies, Indigenous groups, landowners and industry organizations.
• Identify, communicate and manage emerging environmental and regulatory issues and contribute in developing strategies to leverage opportunities and risk mitigation.
• Develop staff through on-the-job mentorship.
• The successful candidate will bring diverse experience, and must enjoy a challenge and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• B.Sc. (required) or M.Sc. (preferred) in a Natural Resources related field (biology, ecology, forestry, or geography).
• Strong technical writing and familiarity with the regulatory environment for energy infrastructure projects in western Canada.
• Experience engaging with regulatory agencies, stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
• 5 to 7 years’ experience seeing assessing and permitting infrastructure projects.
• Extensive experience working independently and in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
Title: Intermediate/Senior Environmental Planner
Location: CA ALBERTA-Calgary
Requisition ID: 18000407
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.