Jacobs Transportation Engineer in Calgary, Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, our vision is to create a more connected, sustainable world. We push the limits of what’s possible and help reinvent tomorrow. Our work meaningfully improves the livability and connectivity of our local communities, with a focus on solving our most pressing problems, including adapting and responding to the climate emergency. Our team reflects our society’s diversity, and one of our core values is “we live inclusion”.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring, and collaborative Transportation Engineer who thrive on providing innovative mobility solutions. Based in the area of Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, or Winnipeg you’ll be working on exciting and engaging transportation projects for our clients in Western Canada. We are seeking passionate professional engineers and planners with between 5 and 15 years of experience, and we will tailor the position to suit your skill set, experience, and career objectives.
You’ll be working mainly from home (unless you prefer coming into one of our offices), with the expectation to travel for client meetings and occasional team meetings.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; or a degree in Planning with a Transportation focus
• Licensed P.Eng. or Professional Planner (or ability to secure such designations within 6 months)
• Between 5 and 15 years of work experience in transportation (public or private)
• Design, planning or management experience in several of the following transportation areas: urban streets; transit (bus and/or rail); highway corridors; multi-use paths; multi-modal traffic; active transportation; electrification/decarbonization; master plans; bridges; structures.
• Communication, time management, teamwork, report writing, and proposal preparation skills
• Empathy, self-awareness, and career enthusiasm
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.