Jacobs Specialist IT Service Desk Manager in Cardiff, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Energy, Security & Technology (ES&T) business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Work life balance and flexibility is a key business strategy focus for Jacobs therefore we are considering flexible working hours, patterns, and locations to suit you and our business requirements.
About the opportunity:
Role Outline/ Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Service Desk Manager flexible in approach with good interpersonal skill to work with a geographically dispersed team, providing a vital service to both Client and Users during the working week.
The service desk manager is responsible for managing the service desk team and the first- and second-line technical support for the IT systems, applications and services across sites, including end-user computing. This includes multi-function devices and specialised IT equipment, Video conference facilities, and the overflow 2nd to 3rd level IT support, as well as direct interface with client management teams for reporting on KPI statistics and system availability metrics.
In this role, you will also be responsible for ensuring support for existing and emerging information and communications technology (ICT) services, including providing technical advice to project teams.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Asset and configuration management. track, log and correct information to protect assets and components including, licences and warranties. Documentation of information relating to assets including identification, classification and specification of all items, and information related to storage, access, versions, etc. Apply status accounting and auditing in line with relevant criteria.
• Continual service improvement. analyse current processes, identify, explore opportunities and implement opportunities to optimise processes, and lead and develop a team to deliver service improvements ensuring that the organisation derives maximum value from services.
• Customer service management. manage customer service functions, including responding to issue reports, information requests, access. Translates ‘lessons learnt’ from complaint cycles into continual service improvement. Takes responsibility for the full range of customer service functions including reviewing customer service satisfaction.
• Technical understanding. This knowledge underpins your ability to deliver the responsibilities and tasks for the role and ensures that you can apply the breadth and depth of technical knowledge you need. You stay abreast of industry developments to make cost-effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies.
• User focus. You understand users and can identify who they are and what their needs are, based on evidence. You put users first and can manage competing priorities. You can translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs. You can engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users.
• Ownership and initiative. You can take accountability of issues that occur and be proactive in searching for potential problems.
• Event / Incident /Problem management. You can ensure that the right actions are taken to investigate, resolve and anticipate problems. You can coordinate the team to investigate problems, implement solutions and take preventive measures.
• Service Management Framework knowledge. You have a Level 3 Service Management Framework qualification and knowledge of life-cycle and / or capability elements of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
• Service reporting. You can use prediction methodologies to derive and maintain a holistic view of important trends across multiple processes.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Qualifications & Experience
• Customers/sectors: Experience working within the UK MOD
• Experience: At least 5 years’ supporting and delivery projects or service for MOD.
• Team leadership experience
• Strong background in all WINTEL service operational support.
• Strong background in Virtualised infrastructure service operational support.
• Unified Communications service operational support
• Networking and Routing including VPN service operational support
• Engaging with 3rd Party SW and Support OEM for the procurement of new SW and applications support.
o Currently hold SC clearance
o Be a full UK national
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.