Jacobs CQV Scheduler in Cary, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We challenge what is accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the #1 ranked most admired engineering / construction company in the world, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for an CQV Scheduler for a field assignment in the Cary, NC area, to support our internal CQV team and our external Life Sciences, Bio/Pharma client.
As a key member of our program support team, you’ll be interacting with Engineering, Construction, and CQV professionals to understand and communicate issues and conflicts that impact the schedule.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and optimize a fully integrated CQV schedule from scratch using project documents such as Scope of Work, P&IDs, System lists, Deliverables matrix and document review and approval durations.
• Collaborate with the CQV team to validate predecessor and successor logic.
• Integrate the CQV schedule with the overall project schedule.
• Understanding principals of EPCMV projects as it relates to schedule logic and activity duration assignments across Engineering task, Procurement task, Construction task and CQV tasks
• Understanding Resource Loading of CQV resources and resource assignments
• Establishing project baseline schedule supporting “in-flight” project Schedule Variance (SV) and Critical Path (CP) Analysis
• Leading schedule update and review sessions with internal teams
• Ensuring integrity of the schedule inputs during the update process
• Supports “What-If” scenarios and “work-around” efforts supporting CQV team
• Supports Look-Ahead process of schedule activity and resource allocations
• Support client facing schedule reviews supporting Jacobs Project Management
• Understanding principles of EVM (Earned Value Management) and ensuring schedule and EVM are aligned throughout the project
Join us and we will assist you in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 5+ years of Planning / Scheduling experience on CQV projects
• 5+ years Primavera software experience.
• A good understanding of CQV timelines, deliverables, and practices
• Experience Working inside the Primavera (P6) scheduling tool and Schedule Analysis
• Ability to create, update and analyze EPCMV schedules and support work-arounds and schedule improvement ideas
• Ability to communicate schedule status on a regular basis via formal and informal meetings and reports
• Experience in coordinating the project's earned value system with schedule updates
• Knowledge of general application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards to perform work
• Experience with EVM (Earned Value Management)
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, and contractors.
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Experience working in conjunction with the various Engineering, Procurement, Construction and CQV functions is preferred.
• Knowledge of Cost Tracking/Forecasting a plus
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV, #globallifescience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.