Jacobs Field Subcontract Administrator in Cary, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
Our team is experiencing significant growth in our Biopharmaceutical Construction Management business and are excited to find a Field Subcontract Administrator to support contracting activities on one of capital projects. The Field Subcontract Administrator will report to the leading Subcontracts Manager and will administer multiple subcontracts from inquiry through award, execution, and closeout.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Familiarity with construction contracting language and concepts.
• Comfort developing bidders lists for all subcontracts, including pre-qualification and market research.
• Experience bidding, evaluating and awarding construction contracts in accordance with the project schedule.
• Experience managing subcontractor invoices, changes, back-charges and closeout as part of post-award administration.
• Ability to interact externally with contractors, and internally with different groups and departments.
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills with a focus on providing greater value to our clients.
• A detail-oriented approach with strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive initiatives simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as Supply Chain and/or ERP system familiarity.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
Ideally you will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business, construction or operations management field, or equivalent project experience.
• 5+ years of experience in capital construction contracting.
• 5Experience contracting for Biopharmaceutical/Life Science Manufacturing Projects is ideal.
• Experience using MS Office tools, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
• A drive to develop in a growing Construction Management team.
• A willingness to travel and work onsite at client project sites.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.