Jacobs Piping Engineer Department Manager (Life Sciences) in Cary, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
We're looking for a Piping Engineering Department Manager (Hybrid) in Cary, NC who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art industrial and commercial facilities. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule. Effectively recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will develop and design a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial projects. You’ll also have the chance to utilize your technical expertise to mentor other professionals, helping your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• 15+ years of experience in manufacturing projects in an EPCM environment, preferably in Life Sciences
• Professional Licensure with the ability to become licensed in multiple jurisdictions
• Developing specifications for process and utility piping, piping insulation, piping hangers and supports, piping fabrication and post installation procedures for pharmaceutical and utility systems such as water for injection, USP purified water, deionized water, sterile gases, clean steam, clean-in-place, steam- in-place systems, plumbing, waste systems, HVAC heating/cooling water systems and plant steam systems
• Selects materials of construction for piping, insulation and related components
• Ensures code compliance
• Excellent computer skills required (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access)
• Ability to work independently and complete tasks as scheduled is required
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment is required
• Effective coordination skills with multiple disciplines.
• Desire to recruit, train, mentor and develop direct reports
Please note: This position requires onsite in the office at least once week. Prefer local candidates only
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Knowledge of ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, and ASME BPE codes and standards is required
• Piping stress analysis and material management system knowledge is plus
• Passion for buildings and construction
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV, #globallifescience
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.