Jacobs Senior Electrical Engineer (Life Sciences) in Cary, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer in (Cary, NC), you’ll have a passion for contributing to projects that enable the heart of our clients’ manufacturing. Join us and you will have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. You’ll oversee designer work, provide team technical leadership, perform quality reviews of design packages and assist directly with the more complex portions of the design process. You’ll also interact directly with the client, owner, and contractors to assist construction on site. You and the other members of your team will work closely with client owners in a fast paced, dynamic environment to establish design requirements and produce construction documents.
Your responsibilities will include:
• engineering and design oversight for facility power distribution systems, grounding, lighting, and low voltage communications systems in some of the most complex industrial facilities on the planet.
• Evaluate the desired goal of the system and develops, designs, or selects the required equipment or power/controls to achieve the goal.
• Perform calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial applications.
• Direct activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
• Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
• Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering task.
With your solid understanding of all phases of construction document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications, you will prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction and will be our Electrical discipline lead or Quality Control reviewer in project meetings. You will participate in project proposals and will suggest solutions to our clients to problems they didn’t even knew they had.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's or Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited program
• Professional Engineer license in NC
• At least 15 years of experience in electrical engineering design of buildings
• Solid working knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC)
• Ability to perform power system studies including short circuit, load flow, protective coordination, and arc flash
• Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to less experienced staff members
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Life Science and/or advanced manufacturing facility electrical design experience
• Working knowledge of Revit or BIM software
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passionate about buildings and construction
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.