Jacobs Structural Engineer (Life Sciences) in Cary, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
Join our team as a Structural Engineer in Cary, NC (Onsite/Hybrid) in our Life Sciences Team who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. You’ll have the chance to work on projects including the structural design for new state-of –the art facilities as well as existing structural upgrades. With mentoring and guidance from our technical experts, you’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of assigned routine engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks. You’ll effectively recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering
• 5+ years of Structural Engineering Experience in an EPCM industry preferred
• 2+ years of Revit experience is highly preferred
• 2+ years of drafting experience with AutoCAD or Revit is preferred
• Industrial, pulp & paper, chemical, experience preferred
• Commercial Building / Pharmaceutical experience required
• Experience in the analysis and design of building structures required
• Professional Engineer (PE) would be nice
Please note: This position is Hybrid and will require an onsite office visit at least once a week. Prefer local candidates
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Structural Engineering Registration (SE) preferred, but not required
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passionate about buildings and construction
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.