Jacobs Subcontract Administrator (Life Science) in Cary, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
Our team is experiencing significant growth in our Biopharmaceutical Construction Management business and are excited to find a Subcontract Administrator to support contracting activities on one of our capital projects. The Subcontract Administrator will report to the leading Subcontracts Manager and will administer multiple subcontracts from inquiry through award, execution, and closeout.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
With guidance from the lead, or managing, Subcontracts professional, you will be
• developing bidders lists for all subcontracts, including pre-qualification and market research.
• bidding, evaluating and awarding construction contracts in accordance with the project schedule.
• managing subcontractor invoices, changes, back-charges and closeout as part of post-award administration.
• interacting externally with contractors, and internally with different groups and departments.
• Leveraging a detail-oriented approach with strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive initiatives simultaneously.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a business, construction or operations management field, or equivalent project experience
• 2-5 years of experience in capital construction contracting.
Ideally you will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a business, construction or operations management field, or equivalent project experience.
• 2+ years of experience in capital construction contracting.
• Experience contracting for Biopharmaceutical/Life Science Manufacturing Projects is ideal.
• Proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as Supply Chain and/or ERP system familiarity.
• A drive to develop in a growing Construction Management team.
• A willingness to travel and work onsite at client project sites.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
#Life Science #biopharma
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.