Jacobs Water/Wastewater Engineer in Cary, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the #1 globally ranked water, wastewater, and water resources engineering firm, and with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. In this role, you will deliver solutions to significant regional water related projects backed by great local planning, engineering design, permitting, and technical talent, letting you focus on delivering excellent results for our clients. No other engineering firm in the southeast offers the depth of engineering design resources in house that Jacobs offers with our team. We are looking for a driven, intellectually curious, and client-focused Water and Wastewater Engineer in Cary, NC, to support our water / wastewater treatment, conveyance, and water resources team. We want you here for the long term, and we’ll make this the place you want to spend you career.
As a key member of our Cary team, you’ll have the chance to work on challenging water and wastewater projects for municipal and federal clients. Each day, you will be an important team member as you participate in the design, coordination, and execution of projects for our clients. Among the many types of projects led by this team are conveyance and pipelines, pump stations, water and wastewater treatment facilities, master planning, and asset management. You will be part of a multi-disciplined design team and responsible to completing tasks within established budgets and schedules. In addition to your emerging role, you’ll have the opportunity develop project management skills, deepen your technical proficiency, build client relationships, demonstrate team leadership, and mentor junior-level staff.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Join us and we will assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Our commitment to you:
• Mentoring. Jacobs offers formal and informal mentoring programs, including dedicated budget for you to spend as you are mentored and mentor others.
• Training. From project management skills to safety to technical topics, Jacobs provides you the training you need to do your job, and to take the next step in your career.
• Career Development. Our depth and breadth of projects in the water market means there’s a place for your interests. You will develop a career path plan with regional leadership, identifying the kinds of projects and programs you want to grow into over time, incorporating your passions and interest.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering
• Passion for the water industry and serving municipal clients
• 5+ years’ experience in the water/wastewater industry
• Experience working in a multi-discipline team
• North Carolina Professional Engineer’s license or ability to obtain one within 12 months
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Project leadership and management experience including demonstrated experience leading and managing small to mid-size, multi-disciplined, water or wastewater projects with construction values ranging from under $1M to several million dollars
• Recent experience working with water and wastewater utilities in the Carolinas market
• Familiarity with Bluebeam and ProjectWise
• Active participation in state or national professional water organizations (i.e. AWWA, WEF, NC OneWater, ASCE)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.