Jacobs Desktop O&M Technician- TS/SCI with Poly in Chantilly, Virginia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
• The Desktop O&M Tech is responsible for testing, repairing and deploying a wide variety of servers and workstations in support of a global telecommunications network. This technician is required to make lowest repairable unit (LRU) repairs for servers, workstations and associated peripheral devices such as keyboards and mice. The employee has full discretion and independent judgment as it relates to the incident tickets.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• On a daily basis the Desktop Support Tech is required to monitor actions for a timely repair to meet the customer Service Level Target (SLT). Additionally, the technician is responsible for documenting their actions in a Database Management System, which serves as a knowledge base used as a reference for researching issues.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
TS/SCI with Poly
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
• Must pay attention to detail, provide good customer service and remain alert at all times.
• Must have experience with CPC operating System & peripheral knowledge, basic understanding of PC to network connectivity, basic understanding of DHCP
• Prior experience with cable testers, link runner/Flukes, COTS IT products and ticketing systems
• The employee can make independent decisions that deal with the daily schedule and work to be accomplished.
• The employee is not involved with personnel or compensation decisions.
• Ability to analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Ability to analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
• Willingness to update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
3 – 5 years relevant experience
Employees may experience extended periods of standing, walking, climbing, bending, crouching, and lifting light to moderately heavy objects and equipment. Use of ladders or scaffolding may be required with the use of required safety equipment. Employees may be exposed to potential health hazards.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Customer and Personal Service:
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Other Essential Functions:
An Information Technology Generalist proficient in many facets of information technology requirements. The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so.
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.