Jacobs DevOps Engineer, Senior in Chantilly, Virginia
Founded in 2015, Knack Works is focused on providing scalable, automated solutions that enable our customers to perform their national security missions in an ever-changing environment of new technologies and evolving threats. Our capabilities include DevOps lifecycle management, a full-featured secure management stack, and network automation.
Knack Works (a subsidiary of Jacobs) is looking for a DevOps Engineer with a passion for engineering automated solutions to join our team in Northern VA. The inclusion of a DevOps Engineer who can successfully implement/integrate technical architectures into our cloud infrastructure product will have numerous positive impacts on both Knack Works and our customers. As a Knack works DevOps Engineer you will help:
· Improve Productivity and Efficiency: With automated solutions, the DevOps Engineer will enable faster and more efficient development cycles. This efficiency will lead to quicker delivery of features, more stable operating environments, and faster resolution of problems.
· Enhance Product Quality: The systematic implementation of technical architectures will ensure a high standard of product quality. It will reduce the likelihood of errors or oversights that can occur with manual processes. This means fewer bugs or issues for customers and a smoother user experience.
· Increase Product Scalability: By utilizing cloud infrastructure, the company will be well-positioned to handle growth and scale. Whether it's an increase in data, users, or transactions, the cloud offers the flexibility to easily scale up or down based on demand.
· Improve Cost-Efficiency: Automation and cloud solutions can result in significant cost savings. Automated processes reduce the need for manual intervention, freeing up resources for other tasks.
· Increase Reliability and Availability: A well-designed cloud infrastructure provides improved reliability and system availability, ensuring that customers can access the services whenever they need them. This uptime is crucial for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
· Improve Security: A proficient DevOps engineer will adhere to best practices in securing cloud infrastructure and applications. This not only protects the company's data but also ensures the privacy and security of customer data, which is a significant concern for many users.
· Provide Innovation and Competitive Advantage: By freeing up resources and speeding up development cycles, Knack Works can focus more on innovation and less on maintaining infrastructure. This agility allows the company to respond quickly to changes in the market or customer demands, giving it a competitive edge.
The DevOps engineer in this role plays a critical part in the development, deployment, and management of Knack’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) product, while ensuring its reliability, efficiency, and security. This includes but is not limited to:
· Platform Development and Enhancement: This engineer will be responsible for the continued development and enhancement of the PaaS product. They will work closely with the development team to understand the product's functionality and will work to improve the product based on feedback from the users and customers. They will also need to keep up with the latest technology trends and industry best practices to ensure the platform remains competitive and efficient.
· Cloud and Bare Metal Deployment: While many DevOps engineers work exclusively with cloud deployments (i.e. AWS, AZURE, Google), this role also requires experience with deploying to bare metal environments. The engineer will need to understand the nuances and challenges associated with both deployment types and will need to develop strategies for deploying the PaaS product efficiently to both types of environments.
· Integration: The engineer will be responsible for integrating the PaaS product with other systems and services. This might include integrating with other cloud services, databases, Security Applications, miscellaneous APIs, and/or internal systems. This requires a good understanding of how different systems interact and the ability to troubleshoot any issues that arise during integration.
· Automation and CI/CD: A key part of a DevOps engineer's role is to automate repetitive tasks and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines. This helps to speed up the software delivery process, reduce errors, and ensure that the team can deliver high-quality software consistently.
· Security and Compliance: The DevOps engineer will also be responsible for ensuring the security of the PaaS product and compliance with relevant regulations. This will involve implementing security controls, conducting regular security audits, and ensuring the product complies with data protection and privacy laws.
· Monitoring and Troubleshooting: The engineer will need to implement robust monitoring solutions to keep track of the health and performance of the PaaS product. If any issues are detected, the engineer will need to quickly troubleshoot and resolve these issues to minimize downtime.
· Collaboration and Communication: The DevOps engineer will need to work closely with other teams, including developers, operations, and business teams. They will need to effectively communicate and collaborate with these teams to ensure the PaaS product meets the needs of the business and its customers.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· 8+ years relevant technical experience
· Able to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
· Experience with container orchestration using Kubernetes or similar tool (OpenShift, Rancher)
· Experience developing tools with Python and Go
· Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment) frameworks
· Experience with advanced orchestration on cloud platforms
· Experience with RHEL/CentOS/Rocky system administration
· Strong proficiency with Git
· Current DoD 8570 IAT II Certification (Security+) or higher certification or ability to obtain certification within 4 weeks of starting role
· Keycloak or similar IDAM experience
· Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.