Jacobs Full Service Project Manager - TS/SCI with Polygraph REQUIRED in Chantilly, Virginia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Job Description: Full Service Project Manager (Chantilly, VA)
• Serves as the manager for large, complex network integration projects (or a group of task orders affecting the same common/standard/migration system) and shall work with the Government's authorized representative and customer agency representatives.
• Under the guidance of the PM lead, the candidate is responsible for the overall management of IT Projects and ensuring that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in a timely manner.
• Performs enterprise-wide horizontal integration planning and interfaces to other functional systems.
• Performs day-to-day management of the project and develops long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements will be satisfied in future years of the contract.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Plans and supervises multiple projects and/or task orders involving complex information systems software development.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates computer-related activities including electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
• Accountable for meeting contractual performance criteria and due dates during service delivery, and successful overall project completion.
• Full Service PMs make independent decisions that deal with the daily schedule and work to be accomplished. Issues requiring monetary approval have to go up the reporting chain. Outside of the project framework the employee does not have approving authority for major monetary decisions.
• The prioritization of projects and the daily schedule of the FS PMs are determined by the lead. Only urgent or high profile projects may be directed down to the team.
• Ensures that Contractor tasks are completed within the deadlines, tasking guidance from the Government is clear and unambiguous, contract personnel are qualified to perform the tasks, and potential personnel problems are pre-empted.
• Consults and coordinates with the appropriate Task Manager for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, training needs, and task clarification.
• Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
• Direct daily operations of department by: analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
• Stay abreast of advances in technology.
• Plan and coordinate activities such as installation and upgrading of hardware and software, programming and systems design, development of computer networks, and implementation of Internet and intranet sites. They are increasingly involved with the upkeep, maintenance, and security of networks.
• Analyze the computer and information needs of their organizations from an operational and strategic perspective and determine immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements.
• Provide Weekly Status reports, Provide Monthly status reports.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
TS/SCI with Poly REQUIRED
Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times.
Prior experience with Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Network Switches, and patch panels, voice technologies, Microsoft Project, ESMT
Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Advanced knowledge the customer and the inner workings of the organization are critical to this position.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 – 10 years progressive and relevant experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Typically employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending, carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.