Jacobs Systems Administrator in Chantilly, Virginia
Founded in 2015, Knack Works is focused on providing scalable, automated solutions that enable our customers to perform their national security missions in an ever-changing environment of new technologies and evolving threats. Our capabilities include DevOps lifecycle management, a full-featured secure management stack, and network automation.
Knack Works (a Subsidiary of Jacobs) is seeking a motivated Systems Administrator to join our team in Northern Virginia. This role, as part of a larger team, is integral to the success of our mission.
· Assist with system implementation, installation, de-installation, reconfiguration, modifications, and updates in Linux environments.
· Assist with system configuration assessments and testing.
· Troubleshoot system issues.
· Maintain and manage updates to documentation utilizing version control tools.
· Support Kubernetes environments
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· 7+ years’ experience as a Linux System Administrator -or- CompTIA Linux+ certification (or equivalent).
· Active TS/SCI++ required.
· Experience with Kubernetes environments.
· Experience with Windows Active Directory Domain Controllers and Group Policy Management.
· Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile software development practices.
· Exposure to software version control tools (Git, SVN, etc.).
· Conceptual understanding of Desired State Configuration and/or Declarative System Configuration.
· Ability to read and understand a BASH script.
· Must be willing to work on-site in Northern Virginia.
· DoD 8570 IAT II Certification (security+) or higher certification.
Previous experience managing a team.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.