Jacobs Sustainability & Resilience Specialist in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs has been a leader in the sustainability and resilience practice by setting the standard for innovation and thought leadership. With a focus on delivering solutions that meet the needs of our clients’ sustainability and resilience planning goals and objectives, we have built a long-standing reputation as trusted advisors for clients in the municipal, state, and federal government sectors as well as private sector clients.
We are seeking a Sustainability & Resilience Specialist in North Carolina. This position will support our local and national sustainability and resilience teams as well as water resources, permitting, infrastructure, and stormwater projects to provide solutions that meet our clients’ needs. Candidates must have experience in the water resources industry including sustainability planning and program implementation. Candidates should have developed practical and applicable implementation solutions as well. Their background must include sustainability planning and implementation as well as leading multi-disciplinary teams on complex projects.
For success, this individual must have the drive to deliver innovative yet practical solutions for our clients and the environment. They will be responsible for developing and executing high value consulting services to our public and private sector clients. It is expected that a successful candidate will be an active industry participant with a goal of further developing industry recognition. This individual must be capable of working effectively to collaborate across geographies, leverage a wide variety of technical skills, while holding important values sacred, and inspiring all around to raise the bar of excellence and thought leadership.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Conducting vulnerability assessments of climate hazards and risk, as well as broader community shocks and stress.
• Developing and successfully implementing water resources, sustainability (climate adaptation and mitigation), and resilience plans, programs and policies for municipal, state, federal, and private sector clients.
• The ability to lead project teams as a Project Manager and/or Strategic Advisor.
• Participating in teams as technical lead.
• Supporting marketing teams in the preparation of proposals and similar activities.
• Maintaining availability to travel when required.
• Participating in Jacobs business development matters and professional societies as appropriate to grow and demonstrate industry expertise.
• Supporting community engagements.
• Supporting Jacobs’ water resources and sustainability and resiliency practice growth both in size and geography.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 10 years of experience
• Master’s or other advanced degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, sustainability or related field
• Familiarity with water resources, sustainability and resiliency issues in the southeastern U.S.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.