Jacobs Contract Administrator in Chicago, Illinois
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Do you enjoy positively impacting air traveler experience by innovating more connected and sustainable solutions? At Jacobs, we do as well and are seeking a Contract Administrator to join us with a purpose.
Based at Chicago O’Hare, you’ll have the chance to work on an exciting and engaging large-scale aviation project. Our team is looking to add a position in support of a multi-billion-dollar airport capital Redevelopment Program. The redevelopment will occur in the middle of an active airport. The existing terminal and concourses will remain operational while the new facility is built in place in a phased approach. This position allows for the opportunity to be a major contributor to the growth of one of the busiest airports in the world as part of the program management team. The position will report directly to Contracts Manager. This position requires the individual to be based at the airport with the program management team.
• Manages the project close out process including follow up with vendors for close out deliverables and coordinating with the Client for financial close out of contracts.
• Supports the project managers with administration of contract requirements including compliance, change management, record keeping and reporting reviews, logs, and submits all Request for Subcontractor/Supplier approval forms.
• Supports the preparation of procurement documents.
• Manages procurement of design and construction contracts.
• Submits weekly status reports of procurement activities.
• Assists in management of E&O notifications and settlements.
• Assists with preparing Proposed Contract Modifications (PCM) and Request for Contract Modifications (RCM) and submits for approval.
• Tracks all project specific PCMs/RCMs for approval.
• Assists with preparing Line Item Changes and submits for approval.
• Other duties, as assigned.
This position requires the individual to be based at the airport with the program management team.
The position will be a part of a joint venture team and the selected candidate will be hired by one of the JV partners.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 5+ years experience
• Degree in engineering, construction management or business management
• Experience working on construction projects required, preferably on public projects for City of Chicago.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.