Jacobs Instrument and Controls Engineering Manager (Life Sciences) in Cincinnati, Ohio
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
We're looking for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineering Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art industrial and commercial facilities. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will produce designs for electrical circuits and panels utilizing control applications, designs for control systems for a variety of processes, and develop options and optimizations for all aspects of the process control, instrumentation, and automation. As a passionate leader, you’ll leverage your people management skills to help your team members discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Manager responsibilities:
• Demonstrated understanding of Instrumentation and Controls design supporting Biotech and Pharmaceutical Process and Utility equipment.
• In depth understanding of P&IDs, Instrumentation and Automated System hardware and demonstrated ability to develop technical controls, specifications, and strategies.
• Prepare Instrumentation and Controls deliverables for different design phases based on P&ID’s. Instrumentation specifications, user requirements for computerized control systems, standards, codes, and customer input.
• Manage large I&C discipline, organize a leadership structure including Section Managers and supervise, provide guidance, and mentor engineers and designers.
• Coordinate and interact effectively with project managers, vendors, and engineers across multiple disciplines such as Process, Mechanical and Piping Engineering.
• Actively support datacentric design concepts and project execution.
• Proponent of Global Integrated Delivery and ONE TEAM approach and close interaction with GID I&C department manager counterpart.
• Responsible for managing project staff assignments, monthly staff planning and forecasting.
• Establish and monitor effort hour metrics and improvement opportunities for I&C tasks and deliverables.
• Work directly with Project Leads on bottoms up effort hour estimates and lean design concepts to drive competitive solutions.
• Review individual projects monthly with an emphasis on project staffing, earned value progress measurement, estimates to complete, productivity, and change management.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical) or related experience (preferably in a design or consulting firm).
• Minimum of 15 years of Instrumentation and Controls experience, preferably in a design or consulting firm.
• Previous experience working in the Life Sciences Industry (Biotech/Pharma, Chemical or other similar industries)
• Advanced knowledge of PLC, DCS, MES, SCADA, Bus Technologies, Ethernet/IP and other applicable controls applications
Ideally you will also have:
• Professional Engineer (PE)
• Advanced knowledge using Hexagon SmartPlant Instrumentation (InTools)
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas.
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV, #globallifescience
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.