Jacobs Project Procurement Manager (PPM) (Onsite/Remote) in Cincinnati, Ohio
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
As a Project Procurement Manager (PPM) for Life Sciences North America you will be responsible for all Purchasing, Subcontracting, Expediting and Supplier Quality Surveillance activities on mid-sized to large Projects (Projects with a Total Installed Cost of $200M up to $1B.)
Leverage your passion and experience as you effectively and professionally conduct and coordinate procurement transactions associated with purchasing materials/equipment and/or subcontracting of services as assigned. Bring your extensive knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles and practices, and the techniques of ensuring task completion to an organization that embraces change and challenges. The PPM understands the role of procurement and its integration with other project functions, accomplishes value-added expectations, and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures. The PPM has advanced knowledge of a subject area or commodity.
The PPM reports directly to the Manager of Procurement Services (MOPS) for the office which they are assigned. While supporting Jacobs’ Projects, the PPM will report indirectly to the assigned Project Manager.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and we will help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together!
Other responsibilities included:
• As an overall Project Procurement Lead, manage the activities of a small to large team of buyers, expeditors, subcontract administrators and other supporting procurement functions. This typically includes, establishing package assignments and priorities, eliminating obstacles, managing the interface with Jacobs and Client management, providing on-the-job training, offering support and guidance, and working closely with the Manager of Procurement Services (MOPS) to settle performance related issues
• As an overall Project Procurement Lead, use critical thinking and problem solving to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Project’s Procurement efforts
• Purchasing assignments typically will consist of major purchases of complex, critical or high-risk materials and equipment
• Subcontracting assignments typically will consist of professional or technical services, and major or complex construction services on larger projects, or assignment as the Subcontracts Manager for all subcontracting on a medium to large size project
• Manages the procurement process, including planning, development of bidder lists, qualifies bidders, prepares requests for quotation, and conducts bid evaluations.
• Recommends source selections, plans and leads purchase order/subcontract negotiations
• Coordinates with project or departmental personnel in performance of the purchasing/subcontracting activities
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business, construction, supply chain, or operations management field, or equivalent project experience in lieu of degree.
• 15+ years of experience in both engineering and/or capital construction purchasing as well as contracting.
• Experience in expediting, supplier quality management and/or material management preferable.
• 7+ years of experience in Biopharmaceutical/Life Science Manufacturing Projects preferred
• A desire to manage a team of procurement professionals through demonstrated inspirational leadership.
Ideally you’ll have:
• Master’s degree in a business, construction, supply chain, or operations management field preferable
• Experience using MS Office tools, including intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills.
• A drive to solve complex and challenging problems.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV, #globallifescience
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.