Jacobs Remediation Geologist/Environmental Engineer in Cincinnati, Ohio
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve tomorrow. We’re looking for an emerging Geologist or Engineer to work on complex site characterization and remediation projects for government and private-sector clients. Based out of our Cincinnati, OH office, you’ll participate in a variety of field and office tasks related to planning and implementing environmental investigation and remediation projects. You’ll learn from other experienced staff who are ready to mentor you, and you’ll pass your knowledge on to others. You’ll gain valuable experience in soil and groundwater sampling as well as drilling and subcontractor oversight, spending about 70 to 90% of your time in the field. You’ll balance your field work with some time spent in the office evaluating and reviewing data, writing reports, and preparing project documents, and coordinating logistics for field activities. You’ll be juggling multiple tasks, so we’ll rely on you to prioritize effectively, keeping the big picture in mind. Safety will be your priority, as you contribute to “incident free” operations and maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety in everything you do.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Continue your environmental career at Jacobs - where we’ll empower you to learn and grow as you deliver environmental projects that make our world better.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Geology or Environmental Engineering or other closely related science field
• Professional on-the-job experience related to performing and leading environmental field work for site characterization and remediation projects, and an understanding of methodology and procedures
• Knowledge and experience with various media (e.g., soil, soil vapor, groundwater, surface water and sediment) investigations, data assessments/evaluations, and remediation technologies
• 40-hr HAZWOPER certification and experience participating in health and safety programs
• Physically fit to perform fieldwork and wear a respirator, if required
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Certification as a Geologist in Training (GIT) or Engineer in Training (EIT), with goal of attaining professional licensure
• Experience working on active project sites and overseeing subcontractors
• Strong attention to detail when conducting field work and evaluating data
• Ability to communicate concisely and proactively with coworkers, contractors, and clients
Additional information About Travel For This Role:
• Estimated travel requirement is approximately 50 to 60%, generally related to fieldwork. Over time (approximately 3 to 5 years) fieldwork and travel will decrease with increasing
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.