Jacobs Sales Operations / Proposal Manager (Hybrid) in Cincinnati, Ohio
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed today and tomorrow.
The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. At Jacobs, we have an insatiable curiosity about transformative trends challenging the status quo. We deliver highly valued solutions for our Life Sciences clients by applying an unrivaled depth and breadth of capabilities:
We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Sales Operations / Proposal Manager to join our Life Sciences Sales team. We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, and enthusiastic individual. You will be part of a busy and growing global Architectural / Engineering, Construction & Qualification business, delivering strong visual communication while exploring external new market opportunities. Previous sales and proposal experience is essential including a proven ability to lead successful bid teams on complex, multi-million projects.
• Responsible for appropriately applying our sales work process on selective pursuits to win work for the Company.
• Collaborate with Sales Lead and Capture Manager / Operations in developing distinctive value propositions that enhance our customers’ competitive position.
• Leverage global network to identify and put forward Jacobs’ unique capabilities and resources.
• Organize, direct and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibility of the Sales Operations / Proposal Manager is to drive the disciplined application of our three-phase Relationship-Based Sales (RBS) Process: (1) develop and advance client relationships before opportunity identification (Opening Game); (2) strategically position us for specific opportunities (Middle Game); and (3) develop high-quality opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals (End Game).
• Form and lead bid teams, look out for the team’s welfare, establish the right behaviors, and create a high-performing bid team for successful delivery.
• Support strategic positioning for specific opportunities.
• Support Sales Leads and Operations in key Opening Game Business Development activities, e.g., client, competitor, and market research, development of Client Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of Executive Summaries and White Papers.
• Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement Middle Game action plan, e.g., document due diligence in the project brief, develop Win Plan (G to VP), SWOT analysis, and Executive Summary, conduct Go/No Go and strategy review, identify execution team.
• Translate the winning strategy into critical themes and produce compelling sales documents utilizing benefits statements, graphics, and proofs.
• Plan, organize, and direct all elements of qualification and tender responses, e.g., analyze client request, develop response plan (B&P budget, response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), initiate Go/No Go, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with the team to develop response sections, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-progress reviews, schedule Pricing Reviews, ensure on-time delivery of the response, Identify, manage and communicating bid risks.
• Ensure that all sales documents comply with our corporate branding and client confidentiality requirements.
• Collaborate with the global Life Sciences Sales Operations team.
• Develop and maintain qualification materials, including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically, work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials.
• Provide high-level document and presentation formatting/design for proposals, presentations, resumes, advertisements, brochures, banners, tradeshow materials, and other marketing & sales support collateral.
• Develop an understanding of our corporate, global, regional, and office qualifications, including technical, managerial, commercial, and competitive differentiators.
• Work with Sales Leads and Capture Managers / Operations to develop B&P estimates, gain approval, monitor B&P spending, and report any significant variances.
• Be an informed team member; stay abreast of our client’s business challenges, best practices, innovation, trends, and new approaches which align with our growth strategy, ensuring you can be a provocateur of thought.
• Share sales materials, information, knowledge, and best practices with other Sales Operations team members company comprehensive.
• Ensure sales process close-out procedures comply with requirements for ISO certification, as required.
• Drive continual improvement within the sales process.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Marketing or other technical or related discipline from a four-year college university
• 7+ years of relevant sales experience
• Experienced in working within teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to establish and meet deadlines/budgets.
• Strong organizational, management, and research skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills to lead meetings and build relationships across operational and sales teams.
• Proactive, self-motivator.
• Strong capability in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite. Working knowledge of using client relationship management systems.
• Must also be willing and able to travel.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.