Jacobs Senior Engineering Manager in Cologno Monzese, Italy
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The role of Senior Engineering Manage r is a key role, with major tasks being:
• Coordinating all Engineering Department's design activities and liaising between discipline groups in order to maintain an efficient information flow
• Assisting the Project Manager in all assigned activities, typically this shall include assistance with, and co-ordination of, process design, detail design, procurement, cost engineering, planning, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning
• Liaising with Discipline Engineers as necessary in order to establish the basic plan and its logic
• Serving as a Project Engineer on large projects. This is a technical coordination position requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the coordination of the various disciplines
• Full awareness of the technical and commercial obligations of the contract, to ensure that they are understood and implemented by the staff in relevant area of responsibility
• Ensuring compliance with Company Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health procedures
• Defining, maintaining and monitoring project specific procedures and quality assurance plans
• Responding to clients’ feedback
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Minimum of a Degree (or equivalent) and proven track record in a project delivery role within Engineering, which normally includes several years of experience functioning as a Project Engineer
• Minimum 10 year experience in Project Design and Coordination of R&D, Secondary Pharmaceutical or Biotechnological significant projects working for A&E design firms, E&C contractors or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Companies
• Experience in leading and coordinating the design of pharmaceutical multi-office projects in Europe
• Excellent problem solving and team working skills including being able to rapidly engage with a team
• Capacity to control and monitor design, procurement support, and vendor follow up
• Ability to motivate specialists and discipline leaders on defined goals
• Fluency in Italian and English languages
• Availability to do frequent travels or short/long term assignments abroad
• Strong communication skills
• High level of Safety Awareness
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.