Jacobs Telecom Engineering Professional (remote / Phoenix, AZ) in Concord, New Hampshire
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle. We’re always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. Start your Jacobs career that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking for a Telecommunications Engineering Professional who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. This position will be based in Phoenix, AZ but qualified candidates capable to working remotely in the U.S will also be considered. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing and research facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. You will thrive as you provide telecommunications systems design documentation for our client’s advanced facilities which, in turn shape our world.
This position will provide project leadership opportunities as a telecom discipline lead to work in conjunction with supporting design staff while producing complex design packages. This is done in coordination with architects and other discipline engineers / design leads all under one Jacobs “roof”. You will interface directly with our client counterparts to design these facilities to meet their needs. Our teams leverage AutoCAD and Revit MEP design software to create fully coordinated 3D models across all disciplines (C,S,A,M,E,P,T,I,L). Through a mixture of full 3D BIM delivery, construction specifications and 2D sheets, you’ll lead the design of everything from Outside Plant (OSP) to inter / intra-building backbone distribution systems, communication room layouts, rack elevations, wired & wireless device plans and cable schedules. All facets of the designs and calculations will be completed in accordance with the NEC, applicable TIA and other industry standards as well as Client and/or Jacobs specifications as applicable.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we will help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Two-year technical degree or four-year non-technical degree
· At least 5 years of relevant experience in telecommunications design and construction industry
· Knowledge & application of NFPA 70 (NEC) as applicable to telecommunications design requirements
· Knowledge & application of telecommunications industry association (TIA) standards
· Experience leading a team of telecommunications design team
· Experience editing design and construction specifications
· Experience with start-up and commissioning of telecommunications systems
· Experience estimating and scheduling design efforts for large multi-building projects with multiple phases and design packages
· Strong structured cabling design background
· Proficiency with Bluebeam
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Familiarity with Navisworks
*Ideally, you’ll also have: *
· Bachelor’s degree
· Professional Engineer (PE) license
· BICSI (Building Industry Consulting Services International) RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer) credential – or ability to obtain in the near future
· At least 4 years of telecommunications design experience in semiconductor or data center industries
· Project management experience
· Working knowledge of Revit and Navisworks design software platforms
· Knowledge and design experience with emergency responder radio and DAS systems
· Knowledge and design experience of telecommunications infrastructure for life safety and security systems; fire alarm, access control, CCTV
· Knowledge of telecom infrastructure for control systems
· Experience in providing Quality Assurance and Checking of telecommunications systems designed by others
#afelectronics #aftelecom #telecomengineer #LI-remote
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus. The base salary for this position is $98,500 -$153,925. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations if remote. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.