Jacobs Buyer (Life Science) in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the buyout and construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
Our team is experiencing significant growth in our Biopharmaceutical business and are excited to find a Buyer to support equipment procurement activities on our capital projects. The Buyer will report to the Procurement Manager and will be responsible for issuing Purchase Orders from inquiry through award, execution, and closeout.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Familiarity with Equipment Procurement, such as Process Equipment, Electrical Equipment, Instrumentation, etc.
• Comfort developing bidders lists for all equipment packages, including pre-qualification of suppliers and market research.
• Experience bidding, evaluating and awarding Purchase Order in accordance with the project schedule.
• Experience managing supplier invoices, changes, back-charges, claims, and closeout as part of post-award administration.
• Ability to interact externally with suppliers, and internally with different groups and departments, as well as Client facing.
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills with a focus on providing greater value to our clients.
• A detail-oriented approach with strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive initiatives simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient use of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as Supply Chain and/or ERP system familiarity.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
Ideally you will have:
• BA or BS, or equal, preferred, in Business or Supply Management
• 5+ years of experience in Supply Management or related field, with specific experience in Procurement.
• Experience in Procurement for Biopharmaceutical/Life Science Manufacturing Projects.
• Understanding of project delivery processes (i.e., program management, construction management, CM/GC, design, design-build, design-bid-build) and their relationship to supply management delivery.
• A willingness to travel occasionally and work onsite at client project sites, if necessary.
• A drive to develop in a growing industry.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.