Jacobs Pipe Superintendent (Life Sciences) in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We’re looking for an experienced and collaborative Pipe Superintendent in the Philadelphia, PA region who thrives when people are in sync and construction projects are running like they should. You’ll take the lead on daily scheduling and planning activities at the project site, and ensure the right materials, equipment and people are there to get the job done. You will work with union trade partners routinely and help them successfully complete their work package scopes. Most importantly, you’ll take action to ensure the safety, health and well-being of your team and our planet. As a leader, you’ll leverage your people management skills to help your team members discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward. Your role keeps our company connected and we’ll support you with what you need to be successful.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• High school diploma
• At least 15 years of progressive construction site experience
• At least 10 years of experience as a general foreman, superintendent, and/or construction manager
• Working knowledge of piping & equipment systems including plumbing, utility piping, utility equipment and installation, balancing, testing, and commissioning support
• Working knowledge of stainless steel process piping, process equipment and installation, testing, and passivation
• Committed to safety with ability to facilitate daily JHA’s, etc.
• Committed to quality with ability to quality assure the work-in-place
• Proficient in software use such as Microsoft suite and Bluebeam
• Understanding and ability to travel to project sites
• Prior experience managing contractors
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Pharmaceutical experience
• Strong communications skills
• Lean construction delivery experience and ability to adapt to lean methods
• OSHA 30 training
• Ability to learn and use construction software (such Autodesk Construction Cloud)
• Ability to collaborate in planning, design, construction, and commissioning.
• Ability to facilitate walkdowns and reviews with owner, engineers, and designers.
• Ability to turn over mechanically complete systems including TOP’s, etc.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV, #globallifescience
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.