Jacobs Process Engineer Lead in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
We're looking for Lead Process Engineers for our Conshohocken, PA; Boston, MA and San Francisco, CA locations who are excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Candidates working remotely are also an option with the candidate being associated with the Conshohocken, PA, Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA offices.
Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art industrial and commercial facilities in the field of Biopharmaceuticals. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will establish process design basis, develop process options and optimizations of selected design, and calculate and organize data for process flow sheets. You’ll also have the chance to utilize your technical expertise mentoring junior team members to help your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering
• At least 10+ years of experience working on manufacturing projects within the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or Fill Finish Projects/Sectors.
• PFD and P&ID Development.
• Knowledge of Drug Substance Technologies – Upstream (Cell Culture and Harvest) , Downstream (Purification) ,Clean Utilities.
• Alternately, knowledge of Fill Finish Technologies – Aseptic Processing, Formulation, Filling, Lyophilization, Inspection Packaging Unit Operations. Client-side experience a plus.
• Alternatively, experience with Cell therapy and Gene therapy.
• Alternatively, experience API and Oligonucleotide technologies
• Preparing and evaluating bid and purchase specifications for process and clean utility equipment (e.g. Bioreactor and Fermentation Skids, Harvest Skids, UF-DF Skids WFI Pre-treatment, WFI Stills, Clean Steam Generators, chromatography columns, pressure vessels).
• Alternately, preparing and evaluating bid and purchase specifications for Filling Lines, isolation and barrier technologies, Lyophilizers,
• Knowledge of Single Use Equipment and Industry Trends.
• Calculating loads for clean utilities, line sizing, and distribution design (e.g. water for injection, clean steam, process gases).
• Participating in planning, cost development, and scheduling for assigned project. Maintaining effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
• Calculating and organizing data and interfacing with other Jacobs’s disciplines, such as instrument data for I&C or electrical loadings, HVAC etc.
• Knowledge of GMP and worldwide regulatory requirements.
• Working knowledge of PipeFlo (Professional and Compressible), Intelligen Software, HTRI, and Plant design softwares.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
• Strong client facing and communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passion for buildings and construction
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.