Jacobs Project Architect in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious client-focused Project Architecture Professional to grow with our team.
As a Project Architecture Professional you will lead architecture teams from Concept Design through Construction, as well as provide technical support to our Jacobs Architecture Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as they develop feasibility studies, concept designs, and masterplans.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working directly with clients. A person who has a firm grasp of building codes, and construction detailing, as well as excellent organizational skills and proficiency in Revit. An individual who is able to take design concepts and follow through with the necessary construction documentation, as well as coordinate with in-house engineering disciplines.
Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher–level degree from an accredited Architecture school.
• 8+ years of applicable professional experience.
• Licensed architect or in process of obtaining license within 1 year of hiring.
• Experience organizing and lead an architectural team through the implementation of the project process – including Concept Design, Basis of Design, Detail Design, Procurement, and Construction.
• Technical knowledge with a solid understanding of construction detailing and constructability, as well as specifications.
• Advanced understanding of structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and other building engineering systems and their interrelationships.
• Command of building codes and other regulatory requirements.
• Experience performing construction administration activities – responding to RFIs, reviewing submittals, preparing field observation reports, and punchlisting.
• Ability to coordinate within a multi-disciplinary team structure.
• Willingness to work remotely and engage virtually with team members in different geographic locations.
• Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities; coordinating work with engineering disciplines and specialty consultants; independently as well as collaboratively.
• Experience supervising the work of other design professionals.
• Strong interpersonal skills – speaking, writing, listening, including client presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Revit, and AutoCAD.
• Proficiency with MS Office, and PowerPoint, and Bluebeam Revu.
• United States Citizen.
• Focus on Life Sciences projects.
• Familiarity with LEED and / or sustainable strategies.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Experience using Sketch-Up and 3D visualization tools such as Enscape Render.
• Ability to contribute to the development of new ideas, techniques, and standards.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.