Jacobs Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer Professional, you’ll join our collaborative team providing our clients with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery. The Senior Mechanical / HVAC Engineer Professional will be located at our Conshohocken, PA location. You will be driven by collaboration, exceeding expectations, and challenging the status quo.
By developing and delivering on project scopes, budgets, reports, contracts, and schedules, you’ll help our teams achieve our client’s objectives. Your keen ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and tackle project challenges will allow you to thrive in our fast-paced environment. You’ll bring your expertise to solve complex problems, ensuring the soaring success of our Advanced Facilities projects. You’ll also provide motivation and direction to project teams and be surrounded by expert mentorship and mentoring opportunities to help you and your team thrive.
• Developing overall Conceptual and Basis of Design level design approaches and documentation.
• Developing HVAC and plant utility systems philosophies.
• Developing Mechanical / Utility equipment and construction specifications.
• Performing temperature / humidity control / utility load calculations.
• Developing airflow diagrams, pressurization plans, and classification, as well as ductwork and piping plans.
• Developing P&ID’s, equipment plans, plant utility distribution plans, and system details.
• Developing building management system (BMS) control philosophy, details, Sequence of Operations
• Performing construction assistance in the form of submittal reviews, RFI responses, and field visits to verify construction of Mechanical / Utilities scope is executed per the intent of the design, and assisting in start-up of systems when required.
• Directing activities of CAD/REVIT Designers as well as use CAD and modeling programs when necessary.
• Managing and developing mechanical / utilities scope for project budgets and schedules.
• Marketing services to client and maintaining client relationships and contributing to discipline related content for proposals.
• Traveling as required for client development and project execution
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• At least 10 years of related experience (Pharmaceutical facility design experience including cGMP manufacturing facilities required)
• Professional Engineer (PE) License required
• Knowledge of building load calculation software (Trane Trace, Carrier HAP, etc.)
• Understanding of or experience using AutoCAD, Revit and other 3D design tools
• Knowledge of building codes and industry standards required
• Central Utility Plant design experience including large chilled water systems, steam boiler and condensate return systems required
• Ability to lead a mechanical / utilities team from concept design through start-up required
Ideally you’ll have:
• Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering, but not required
• Experience in energy efficient design and current sustainable design approaches preferred
• LEED accreditation preferred
• Refrigeration systems experience preferred
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.