Jacobs Telecom HSE Director in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development – complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
Manage HSE program for multiple offices and project locations within the Region and ensure adequate staffing and training of the required HSE resources. Serve as a technical resource to provide direction on HSE policies/procedures, and for interpreting regulations and compliance requirements. Assist in providing: i) strategic direction and management, ii) people development, and iii) HSE program development and implementation specific to the Region. Support BeyondZero performance that is inclusive in the Region’s vision and strategic plans. Directly supervise Site/Project/Program HSE Managers.
• Take personal ownership and responsibility for protecting people from harm, and for developing strategies that drive performance and support continuous improvement.
• Maintain communication with the senior management team to provide technical resource guidance, and to ensure consistent implementation of HSE process tools that support Regional HSE strategic plans and objectives.
• Support the HSE staff and Operations counterparts to implement the Regional HSE business plan and to monitor performance.
• Establish working relationships with operations, HSE, sales, and support organizations to ensure consistency across Regional projects/offices.
• Supervise Site/Program HSE managers by monitoring and analyzing HSE performance to identify improvement opportunities and career development opportunities.
• Support strategies for developing HSE resources that includes recruiting, hiring, growing, and retaining of Regional HSE professionals. Strategic planning includes career development, succession planning and scheduled timely performance appraisals.
• Support specific HSE initiatives to drive Regional Beyond Zero performance.
• Conduct HSE training relative to the Region’s needs; include HSE indoctrination of key regional resources.
• Ensure mandatory training requirements are consistently met, and develop regional customization and implementation planning.
• Perform HSE audits and site inspections relative to the Regions’ needs.
• Involved in supporting HSE policy and procedure implementation specific to Regional needs.
• Develop written HSE reports and other communications as required.
• Surfaces lessons learned from projects/offices, within the Region and share corporate/regional lessons learned within the Region.
• Monitor and support development of HSE recognition and awards programs.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
•A minimum of 5 years of related experience (with an HSE degree / certification), or a minimum of 10 years of related experience (in the absence of any of the above degrees / certifications)
•Direct work experience interacting with regulatory agencies and/or compliance officers is required.
•Working knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is required.
•Experience working in any one or multiples of the following is essential: telecommunications, with specific experience planning, training, and implementing construction means and methods that ensure the safety of all project stakeholders
•10-year minimum HSE experience
•Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing people
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient with MS Word and Excel
• US Citizen or eligible to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting to 20 pounds. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.