Jacobs Senior Engineering Manager in Copenhagen, Denmark
At Jacobs, you will work with the most talented professionals and thought leaders to shape the future of the global professional services sector as we deliver ground-breaking and life-changing solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With more than $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional construction and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
In order to support our growth strategy we are seeking applications for the position of Senior Engineering Manager . As a Senior Engineering Manager with Jacobs you will direct project teams to execute and deliver large scale EPCMV Biotech/Pharma projects located in mainland Europe.
The ideal candidate must be able to take responsibility for the safe delivery of the project including contract administration, invoicing, forecasting, schedule management and quality documentation as well as managing client relationships. Your passion for safety & quality should align well with our culture and you’ll be expected to demonstrate this when engaging with colleagues as well as clients.
The role of Senior Engineering Manager is a key role, with major tasks being:
• Coordinating all Engineering Department's design activities and liaising between discipline groups in order to maintain an efficient information flow
• Assisting the Project Manager in all assigned activities, typically this shall include assistance with, and co-ordination of, process design, detail design, procurement, cost engineering, planning, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning
• Liaising with Discipline Engineers as necessary in order to establish the basic plan and its logic
• Serving as a Project Engineer on large projects. This is a technical coordination position requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the coordination of the various disciplines
• Full awareness of the technical and commercial obligations of the contract, to ensure that they are understood and implemented by the staff in relevant area of responsibility
• Ensuring compliance with Company Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health procedures
• Defining, maintaining and monitoring project specific procedures and quality assurance plans
• Responding to clients’ feedback
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Minimum of a Degree (or equivalent) and proven track record in a project delivery role within Engineering, which normally includes several years of experience functioning as a Project Engineer
• Minimum 10 year experience in Project Design and Coordination of R&D, Secondary Pharmaceutical or Biotechnological significant projects working for A&E design firms, E&C contractors or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Companies
• Experience in leading and coordinating the design of pharmaceutical multi-office projects in Europe
• Excellent problem solving and team working skills including being able to rapidly engage with a team
• Capacity to control and monitor design, procurement support, and vendor follow up
• Ability to motivate specialists and discipline leaders on defined goals
• Fluency in Danish and English languages
• Availability to travel or short/long term assignments abroad