Jacobs Operator - Lambton County, ON in Corunna, Ontario
As an Operator, you’ll have the chance to perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a water/wastewater treatment plant including maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing and day-to-day activities on an assigned shift. Working with other members of the team, you’ll operate treatment facilities to control flow and processing of water/wastewater, sludge and effluent, monito gauges, meters and control panels and observe variations in operating conditions and interpret meter and gauge readings.
During your time with us, you will operate valves and gates either manually or by remote control, start and stop pumps, engines and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes, maintain shift log and records meter and gauge readings, as well as collect samples and perform records meter and gauge readings and collect samples and perform routine laboratory tests and analyses. You will also perform routine maintenance functions and custodial duties, understand and carry out oral and written directions and establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of your work. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• High school diploma or GED
• OIT Certification required
• Have or be able to obtain Class 1 certification in wastewater operations within one year after date of hiring
• Minimum 1 year's hands on experience operating water/wastewater treatment plants
• Possess a valid driver's license
• Experience working for water/wastewater treatment plant operation (operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical sewage analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes; safe work practices)
• Successful candidate must be willing and able to accommodate working on an on- call rotational basis.
As such, candidates must live within an hour from the job site (Sarnia)
• Hours of work consists of the following: mon-fri 8am-4:30pm
Title: Operator - Lambton County, ON
Location: CA ONTARIO-Corunna
Requisition ID: 180004H5
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.