Jacobs Intern Archtiect in Corvallis, Oregon
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs we strive to shape the communities we live in by creating projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. We successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
As an Intern Architect you’ll work as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team providing architectural support to the lead architect. Each day, you’ll participate in the architectural design process of municipal/industrial facilities and help develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client. You’ll also provide support for schematic design, design development, construction document phase, and construction phase activities.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an architecturally accredited university and the ability to become licensed
• 2 to 4 years of architectural design experience
• Knowledge and experience in preparation of preliminary design documents and contract documents (including construction drawings and specifications)
• Knowledge and experience in the design of building envelope systems using common building materials
• Experience performing building code analysis
• Previous experience reviewing contractor submittals and providing construction follow-up
• Basic 2D & 3D computer graphic skills
• Strong written and verbal communications
• Proficient in using Microsoft software tools such as MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
• 3D computer graphic skills using Sketch-Up and/or Revit
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Professional Registration (AR)
• 7 years of architectural experience in the design of municipal/industrial type facilities
• LEED Accredited Professional
• Proficient using 2D & 3D Microstation
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.