Jacobs Telecommunications Designer in Corvallis, Oregon
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world. We push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected, and more sustainable.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Telecom Designer to join our Corvallis, Oregon office. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on Mission Critical, Healthcare, Federal, Electric Vehicle and Industrial projects where you will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world, while living in a small community with a family atmosphere.
As a Telecom Designer at Jacobs, you’ll assist in the design of Telecommunications, Audio-Visual, and Security systems. As well as help your team in coordination and review of the drawings with Team Lead and Engineers.
We’ll ask you to:
• Display proficiency in 3D modeling using Revit, with specific experience in telecom systems. Create families and fully utilize the live functions available in the platform to maintain intelligent designs.
• Plan and design backbone distribution, cable pathways, and telecom space drawings and schematics for commercial and industrial buildings.
• Develop installation details and room layouts
• Produce installation specifications with engineering review and approval
• Design Voice system infrastructure to support VoIP, POTS, PBX/PABX systems
• Design Networking system infrastructure (including knowledge of basic data network topologies, user connectivity and maintenance requirements)
• Develop structured cabling solutions for Voice and Data infrastructure systems (OM3/4 & OS2 Fiber and Category 6/6A copper)
• Assist in the design of Communications room MPOE, MDF, IDF and Server Rooms including cabinet arrangement and rack population.
• Audio Visual (conference rooms, public spaces, display systems) design
• Intercom, Paging and Public Address (including Emergency PA and Mass Notification) design
• Design knowledge of ESS systems; access control, CCTV
• Power supply/distribution systems including PDU and UPS
• Able to develop splicing, backbone and cable schedules
• Ability to adapt and apply company engineering design and BIM & CAD drafting standards and industry best practices
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 2+ years’ experience with Revit content/family creation and modifications
• Prior experience with BIM processes and parametric design software Autodesk
• Proficiency setting up views, view templates, sheets, and schedules in Revit for construction documents.
• Proficiency printing full sets of construction documents and performing PDF quality control reviews in Bluebeam.
• Proficiency with design coordinating with other disciplines parametric and geometric content in 3D.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Autodesk Revit Certified Professional
• Prior experience actively designing low voltage and communications systems for buildings
• Experience in telecommunications, security, and audiovisual systems design
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and MicroStation
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.