Jacobs Senior Mechanical Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer/Subject Matter Expert in our Korea office. You will have the chance to work with an internal network of architects and engineers designing facilities for a variety of clientele. Collaborating with other members of the team, you will lead design packages using Revit and other software. During your time with us, you will generate calculations, design analyses, construction drawings, and specifications. Additionally, you will perform field work, both prior to design and as a follow up during construction period activities.
As a department SME, you will develop designs that require innovation and ingenuity, actively supporting discipline peers. The position requires a level of technical expertise to successfully execute projects ranging from large complex projects to small renovation projects. Project types may include military, vehicle maintenance, aviation facilities, headquarters & administrative buildings, housing, commercial, medical, research, and mission critical facilities. If you are up for the challenge, we have been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Here is what you will need:
· Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited US or Korean University.
· Registration as a Professional Engineer in the US or Korea is required. The ability to attain US engineering licensure by test or by reciprocity is preferred.
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in the specifications, engineering, design, and construction for commercial, advanced and mission critical facilities in an engineering design organization.
· Competency in leading internal teams in production of design packages including HVAC and plumbing using either AutoCAD or Revit
· Competency in design of common HVAC systems and equipment, including both air and hydronic equipment as well as building controls.
· Extensive knowledge of codes and standards, including ICC, ASHRAE, and NFPA
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Ideally, you will also have:
· Demonstrated design experience within ROK (Republic of Korea) Military, US Federal and/or DOD (Department of Defense) markets.
· Design experience working on USACE (United States Army Corps of Engineers) Far East District design projects.
· Proficient working knowledge of Revit software
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas.
· Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base.
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams.
· Passion for buildings and construction
· Experience in construction period services, including answering RFIs, review of submittals, and field assessments.
· Experience performing federal design to Unified Facilities Criteria requirements and with UFGS specifications.
· Competency in use of sustainability principles in design. LEED accreditation.
· Knowledge of Federal requirements for life cycle cost analyses of energy consuming systems and building envelope alternatives
· Competency in performing HVAC load and energy calculations using one or more industry standard software packages, such as Trane Trace or Carrier HAP
· Ability to generate project specific construction specifications using spec-intact templates.
· Competency in design of plumbing systems
· Knowledge of federal design requirements related to anti-terrorism and for secure facilities.
· Experience estimating engineering effort for building design projects.
· Participation in professional organizations is preferred.
· Bilingual (Korean and English) is preferred.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.