Jacobs GIS Analyst in Dublin, Ireland
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
Our Digital Solutions Business Unit is a team of approximately 800 staff who offer high level, strategic consultancy services both directly to our clients and in support of projects across all other Operating Units within B&I Europe and the wider Jacobs. In Ireland we have a dedicated team of 6 GIS Analysts.
The Digital Solutions team delivers efficiency across projects through the use of innovative technology, advanced spatial analysis, and effective data management solutions.
To meet our growing Irish business needs and future development aspirations, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior GIS Analyst within our Digital Solutions team based in Dublin. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities and work directly with key clients.
The role is required to complement the progressive Digital Solutions team.
You will work alongside members of the Digital Solutions team with a range of data capture, analysis, visualisation and compliance technologies. In doing so, you will provide critical input to delivering projects on time and budget.
With exposure to an expanding range of market sectors and an extensive knowledge pool, you will deliver dynamic, innovative solutions to internal and external clients by thinking both logically and creatively.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• A track record in successful business development and/or the management of GIS teams.
• Be well versed in GIS best practice for quality control/checking
• Experience delivering GIS projects for internal and external clients
• Expert user of ArcGIS desktop software and extensions;
• Data management skills to facilitate Spatial Data Infrastructures for complex projects and multi-platform delivery;
• Exposure to web GIS and/or enterprise GIS technologies;
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
• A problem solver with good degree (2:1 minimum) qualification in a relevant discipline;
• Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail.
• Advanced numeracy, analytical and computer skills for data manipulation and management (MS Excel and Access);
• Ability and flexibility to function as part of multi-disciplinary teams located across a number of offices is essential.
• Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues
• Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes
• A focus on results and project delivery
• Experienced in the management of mobile data capture software such as ArcGIS Collector
• Experience in undertaking User Requirements Analysis for Enterprise GIS
• Exposure to other desktop GIS software (e.g. FME, MapInfo, QGIS, GRASS);
• Exposure to Web-based GIS technologies
• Knowledge of databases and GIS systems integration (ArcGIS Server / ArcSDE, Portal);
• Experience of GIS application to engineering / transport sectors.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here. (https://www.jacobs.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity?_ga=2.1062705.1096535124.1626879887-1704311048.1575562676)
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know. (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2)