Jacobs Program Manager - K12 Advisor - part time in Durham, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Reporting directly to the Company Leadership at the Regional or VP level, this position has Management level employees on the project or program as direct reports. This includes Design, Construction, Procurement, and Controls. The responsibility of direct overview of the General Contractor is delegated. Client and/or Contractor contact is at a high level regarding performance metrics such as schedule, cost, scope and safety. Ability to analysis key performance metrics and indicators to proactively correct outcomes continuously is essential. This role is based in Greensboro and is focused on delivering a large Cap, multi-year School bond Capital improvement program.
• Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts) on multiple project assignments
• Manage project development from programming through completion in accordance with program objectives
• Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
• Manages the review and approval process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
• Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
• Resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management required
• 15 years of Project Construction Management experience required
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing large programs with projects in construction values excess of $100 million required
• At least 1 large capital program exceeding 100 Mil in total value.
• Must have K-12 School construction experience.
• Strong working knowledge in design and construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, environmental and LEED applications, team building and client relationship building preferred
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.