Jacobs Licensing and Enforcement Support Officer, East Sussex Highways in East Sussex, United Kingdom
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Reporting to the Licencing and Enforcement Manager, this role is located within the Network & Enforcement Team which is responsible for co-ordinating all activities on the road network. The role is to carry out administration and collect payment of fees for all aspects of the Licencing & Enforcement team who are responsible for investigating complaints of obstruction and encroachment, issuing licences or Statutory Enforcement Notices to control activity in the public highway and to ensure compliance with legislation.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITES:
• Research customer enquiries and provide accurate and timely information, advice and guidance to internal and external customers. This includes providing responses to enquiries in writing, via the telephone and in person as appropriate. Contribute to the resolution of complaints in a timely manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Maximise revenue streams applicable to the department.
• Plan and organise your work, having regard to the effective use of resources and safe working practices.
• Administrate unlicensed items on the Network to obtain licence fee or removal from the Network.
• Process and advise on licence applications, taking fees, providing quotes and feedback outcomes to applicants
• Issue licences
• Request and provide statutory undertakers plans
• Monitor communication coming into the team and assign work received by email, through Salesforce and on the phone
• Prepare Letters and send notices as required
• Provide administrative support to the team
• Personally, liaise with customers, stakeholders and colleagues as appropriate and recommend courses of action arising within the scope and bounds of the role and review the effectiveness of services to improve performance.
• Collect payments through online banking system for all licence fees
• Maintain and process paper and ICT based systems and records for the coordination of road works using appropriate ICT systems as required for a designated service area. Ensuring that information is timely and accurately inputted, stored securely and confidentially and enables retrieval for the provision of coordination for meetings and stakeholders.
• Participate, review, develop and assess local systems and processes to ensure the Departments services meet corporate and locally set quality standards.
• Assist with the mentoring, coaching and training of colleagues in-order to support learning and development objectives and priorities to meet service delivery standards.
• Assist with the provision of a high-quality service to ensure the achievement of departmental, service and personal performance targets including nationally and locally agreed key performance indicators. Assist with the planning, delivery and monitoring of the core objectives of the team and support other Team Members where required.
• Prepare where necessary management information, including the analysis, manipulation and presentation of data as appropriate.
• Assist with the monitoring of designated income and expenditure budgets.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• GCSE pass at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English Language
• Good working knowledge of policies & procedures and legislative requirements relevant to service area
• Knowledge of Health and Safety practices in relation to construction industry
• Experience of working with the Microsoft Office suite including Work, Outlook and Excel
• Reviewing business systems
• Working in an office based environment
• Able to communicate concisely, orally and in writing using plain English to convey clear messages e.g. able to deal with telephone queries, liaise with managers, staff and members of the public, write basic letters
• Attention to detail & accuracy
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Good computer/keyboard skills
• Ability to use own initiative in understanding tasks
• Ability to organise and prioritise own work
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Good interpersonal and Public Relations skills
• Coaching and mentoring skills
• Problem solving skills
• Team worker
• Good time management
• Customer orientated
approach to work
• A commitment to personal
development and training
• A commitment to equal opportunities and anti- discriminatory practice
• Tact, diplomacy and empathy when dealing with road space
• Self-motivated and able to enthuse others
• Flexible approach
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.