Jacobs Help Desk Specialist in Eglin AFB, Florida
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is seeking a Help Desk Specialist to support the United States Air Force’s 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract. This contract supports the 53rd Wing and 96th Test Wing, both headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL and having units CONUS-wide. The 53 WG is the focal point for the Combat Air Forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation of advanced equipment and systems. The 96 TW is the USAF’s test and evaluation center for advanced air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, and C2 systems. The 53rd WTSS team partners with military and civilian personnel to provide world-class IT technical support for the 53 WG and 96 TW missions. The 53rd WTSS IT support covers full lifecycle IT from concept, to deployment, day-to-day operations / maintenance, and culminating in system retirement / replacement / upgrade.
Both Wings are headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL, adjacent to the white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters of Northwest Florida’s Emerald Coast.
To learn more about the Emerald Coast, click here: https://www.emeraldcoastfl.com/
Jacobs is seeking a self-motivated, energetic help desk tech to support the 53rd Computer Systems Squadron (53 CSS), a 53 WG unit. The 53rd Computer Systems Squadron provides communications and information systems for the 53 Wing’s four groups. It automates, sustains, and operates wing communications and information systems activities including unclassified, collateral, and advanced program local area networks. It operates the Combat Air Force Network Operations Center providing classified information services to the CAF worldwide. The 53 CSS provides network capability to fuse data from multiple test facilities into one coherent picture and it develops and maintains the computer systems supporting the development, test, and dissemination of electronic warfare mission data. The 53 CSS also provides advanced programs audiovisual support and operates and maintains a state-of-the-art video-teleconferencing capability.
Day-to-day duties for the successful candidate will include :
• Providing analytical techniques and procedures in support of clients, systems, and networks and consult with users to determine hardware, software, and system functionality.
• Providing overall network, user, and systems support and will be identify, prioritize, and resolve reported issues and problems, to include creating network user accounts and the setup/configuration of email.
• Providing helpdesk support, field user calls, determine level of support required, and escalate/distribute those calls accordingly e.g. to Tier 2 or Tier 3.
• Providing support and troubleshooting users’ issues in the areas of account management, enterprise resources application, server administration, networking, and applications.
• Providing troubleshooting and problem resolution for software, hardware, and communications issues related to supported computer workstation systems and applications.
• Performing security patching (analyzing, documenting and taking corrective action for any issues) and system audit collection and perform continuous system monitoring and analysis to ensure optimal systems, network, and user operation.
• Providing hardware/software installation and testing.
• Being available to perform other duties as assigned.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Required Education and Experience:
• A minimum of 1 year of help desk experience diagnosing and resolving technical problems with both software and hardware.
• Must be able to provide onsite and remote technical support with an emphasis on hardware, connectivity and application issues.
• Must possess problem solving skills, excellent understanding of desktop operating systems, networking principles and MS applications.
• Must understand information assurance and interact with security personnel on issues related to system security and provide sound information assurance guidance as required. In addition to these responsibilities, must have strong communication skills.
• Active / Valid DoD TS/SCI-eligible clearance (i.e. DCID 6/4 eligibility); applicant must maintain clearance in active/valid status.
o Clearance investigation close date must be no older than 5 years, 6 months at the time of application.
• Must be willing to submit to, and be able to pass, a CI polygraph.
• Active / valid DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification; applicant must maintain currency of same.
• Experience working in a high-volume call-center.
• Practical experience using a help desk ticketing system.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
• Work site is located at Eglin AFB, FL.
• Position will require shift work on a rotational / permanent basis with shift assignment based on mission needs.
• Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds
• No unusual hazards nor unusual environmental conditions on job site
• The DoD and USAF have implemented specific COVID-19 mitigation measures and contract employees must comply with established guidance.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
• Position will require typing and reading from a computer screen.
• Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner.
• Due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines:
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work-related tools as required.
May require installation/removal of network equipment, cables, and related materials.
• This position supports an operational work center providing extended coverage during the standard Monday-Friday work week. Shift work will be required on a rotational or permanent basis as determined by mission needs.
• Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings.
• Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
• Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions:
• Must be able to work assigned shift on either rotational and/or permanent basis
• Outstanding interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with demanding customers.
• Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple activities, and tasks simultaneously.
• Must always demonstrate professional behavior when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
• Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
• Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
• Independent personal transportation to work site is required.
• Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
• When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
#ANSDefense #MOIP #cjpost #LI-JA3 #53WTSS
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .