Jacobs Water/ Wastewater Project Manager - El Paso, TX in El Paso, Texas
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with a global leader, and with the industry’s best and most innovative professionals, then Jacobs is where you belong.
Fantastic opportunity to join Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. in El Paso, Texas as a Project Manager in our Water Practice Group. You’ll provide the ability to contribute immediately to Water and Wastewater (W/WW) project development and execution of varying sizes as part of a growing office. Generally, must have experience in the planning, design and construction of potable water and wastewater treatment and conveyance design. You’ll perform project design engineering, project design staff oversight, quality control, project management, client development, proposal preparation and sales pursuits for W/WW treatment plant and conveyance projects in Texas. You’ll have a strong understanding of principles and theories of water hydraulics, pipeline mechanics and materials, operation and control, and installation means and methods. You’ll be responsible for performing all aspects of facility engineering. Initial responsibilities will be to assist in the execution of existing backlog and assist in the development of new work pursuits. In this position, you’ll work under the supervision of the Water Manager of Projects. Familiarity with and/or the ability and desire to use production tools, such as modeling software and computer equipment are a must.
• Delivering large and/or multiple projects on time, within budget and in conformance with the contract documents.
• Providing effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques.
• Functions as a team lead for projects including acting as the liaison to internal departments as needed. Plan, organize and direct design staff and key field positions.
• Execution of project designs and oversight of construction.
• Interface with the client to ensure expectations are identified and carried out.
• Responsible for project safety when part of our contract responsibility.
• Responsible for the safety of Jacobs staff.
• Participates in corporate initiatives to assist in meeting the company’s goals.
• Assesses project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client.
• Ensures that project deliverables satisfy project requirements and schedule.
• Determines, monitors and reviews costs, operational budgets, schedules and staffing requirements for projects.
• Manages and enhances project quality by providing ideas and suggestions to the team aimed at improving the effectiveness of their role and of the project activities in general.
• Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria.
• Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders, and conducts status review meetings among project team members and clients.
• Supervise the work of others when assigned.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Civil or WaterEnvironmental is required
• Registration as a professional engineer is required
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience in the design of W/WW facilities is required
• Experience in W/WW facilities construction is required
• Previous experience working with local municipalities and utility companies
• Ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects
• Must be able to demonstrate the following skills; leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving
• Ability to make good presentations and lead/participate in project meetings
• Previous experience directing, coordinating, and supervising a staff including multiple Construction Managers, Office Design Engineers, Project Control Manager, Contracts / Procurement Manager and multiple Field Inspectors.
• Knowledge of scheduling, spreadsheet, document, and database software (such as Contracts Manager (Expedition), P3E, Microsoft Office package, and/or others)
• Knowledge of and experience in reviewing and understanding a contractor’s Safety Plan and QA/QC Plan.
• Must also have experience in reviewing and overseeing a Document Control Plan, and development / utilization of a Project Procedures Manual.
Ideally You’ll Also Have:
• Previous experience on assignment with multiple projects with a construction value of over $20 million is desirable
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.