Jacobs Administrative Assistant in Forest, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As an Administrative Assistant for a water and wastewater operating authority in Grand Bend, ON, you will provide a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to assist our team. You will perform an administrative role in a fast-paced environment where you will always be prioritizing tasks. You will work independently and use judgment based on experience to evaluate situations and develop solutions.
Note this is a 1 year full time contract role with benefits.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will:
• Effectively manage the Drinking Water Quality Management System
• Collect data, analyze and report complex information associated with contractual obligations. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and documentation
• Provide support to Project Management and Operations staff
• Fulfill event planning responsibilities
If you're up for the challenge in a high-pressure, dynamic environment, we've been looking for someone just like you!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing a Drinking Water Quality Management Standards System or experience in a similar Standards environment
• Internal Audit training
• Experienced as a QMS Representative
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, plus advanced or specialized training in administrative support is preferred; college degree is desirable.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Sharepoint and Adobe PDF are required
• At least 8 years of administrative support experience, with some prior experience in an administrative leadership role is preferred
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, competence with numbers, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Results oriented person.
This position is located in Grand Bend, Ontario. The successful candidate must live within an acceptable commuting distance, or be willing to move to the area on their own expense.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.