Jacobs Mechanic /Operator in Forest, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
For decades, Jacobs has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects.
As part of the Operations & Management team you will be collaborating with communities and companies to deliver a complete range of custom-tailored operations and maintenance solutions. Our diverse staff delivers services including water and wastewater system optimization; contract operations and maintenance of water, wastewater and other utilities; and complete municipal operations, including administration, public works and community development – all backed by a commitment to safety, quality, innovation and customer service. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
As a Mechanic /Operator under the direction of the Project Manager, you’ll perform preventative maintenance and repairs to mechanical machinery and equipment at the wastewater treatment and collection and water distribution facilities, pump stations, and CSO facilities. You’ll assume duties of a plant operator when necessary.
In this role you will work on Lambton County projects and would involve working at our project sites in Petrolia, St Clair, Plympton Wyoming, Oil Springs, Sarnia, Lambton Shores and the possibility of some work in Huron East if needed. You will need to be willing to travel to these various locations to complete the assigned tasks. This role is a full-time position for 1 year, with benefits offered as of 1st day of employment and potential to become a permanent full-time staff after the 1 year.
Specific job duties include:
• Perform preventative and corrective maintenance functions
• Assist in inspection of plant and mechanical equipment for malfunctions and needed repairs
• Assist in performance of troubleshooting and repair work and determining repair methods
• Lubricate equipment and checks for malfunction
• Participate in cleaning and maintenance of machinery, equipment buildings and pump stations
• Assist in installation and set-up of new equipment
• Perform minor plumbing and pipe-fitting tasks
• Assist with using gas and/or arc welding equipment to heat, cut, braze, or weld
• Consult with Maintenance Foreman, Maintenance Manager, or equipment representatives on difficult or complicated repairs
• Perform clean up, painting, and adjustment of equipment. Perform Carpentry work
• Perform up-keep of structures and grounds. Assist Road Crew when required
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Working knowledge of OHSA regulations
• Relevant Trade School education or equivalent experience preferred
• 5 years of experience working with mechanical equipment similar to that used in a wastewater treatment plant preferred
• General knowledge of the operation of equipment and the methods of maintenance and repair of machinery, instrumentation, and controls
• Oil analysis sampling experience
• Excellent written and communications skills
• Proficient computer skills including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
• Ability to review written maintenance literature and accurately interpret manuals and drawings with minimum outside assistance
• Ability to create, complete and manage CMMS program
• Ability to perform laser alignment on equipment
• Ability to conduct vibration analysis
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to perform basic use of hand tools
• Must poses a valid Class I Wastewater Treatment Plant, Class 1 Water Distribution, Class 1 Wastewater Collection Operators Certificate issued by the Province of Ontario or the ability to obtain within one year of appointment to this position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.