Jacobs Senior Program Manager in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
The Buffalo Group LLC. (TBG), a wholly owned subsidiary of Jacobs Technology Inc. is seeking key personnel to enable the Army Intelligence Enterprise (AIE) to deliver government (IC/enterprise) data and data services such as: cloud services, data integration, development operations (DEVSECOPS) and application program interface driven micro-services. The Data Science efforts associated with this effort support Intelligence Analysts by modernizing big data analytics, leveraging machine learning, and automating manual processes.
The goal of this effort is to support Army Intelligence Analysts in their mission by providing Data Science expertise and the necessary products and services required to add value to the Army Intelligence mission by applying data science approaches to intelligence problems to support commander decisions. The required Data Science Support provides value to Intelligence Analysts by: Identifying relationships, anomalies and patterns hidden in large volumes of data; including unstructured text, structured data and imagery with the desired end state to decrease the time and number of tasks that must be performed manually by intelligence analysts.
CONUS/OCONUS Travel may be required
This position may require periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends, and requires management of personnel at multiple locations and shifts as well as administrative support requirements including but not limited to:
Contract financial management
Accounting and reporting
Control and monitoring of mission support operations
Coordination of responsible and efficient logistics support
Responsibilities & Duties
• Perform day-to-day management of the assigned data science teams involved in analyzing, designing, integrating, training, testing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining complex systems
• Demonstrates proven skills in those technical areas addressed by the Task Order to be managed.
• Organizes, directs, and coordinates planning, and production of all activities associated with the PWS
• Responsible for managing the development and completion of contract deliverables and submission to the Government
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the continuous execution of projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Coordinate with KO / COR
• Apprise senior management on productivity and quality assurance
• Develop rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates for contract modifications
• Develop transition/ migration plans
• Support Government efforts for document review and approval
• Gather stakeholder requirements
• Manage project schedules and coordinate Contractor activities IAW the PWS
• Identify and communicate issues and risks to the Government and offer recommendations on how issues / risks should be mitigated to successfully satisfy the requirements
• Maintain weekly meeting with the COR or more frequently as required
• Notify the COR when the Contractor believes that any Government activity may impact performance, schedule, or cost
Qualifications and Skills
• Demonstrated experience effectively managing complex organizations and multiple geographically dispersed teams
• Familiarity with Data Science service requirements
• Comfortable working in a dynamic team environment with several ongoing concurrent projects; able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interface with senior military officials and good Interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of leadership
• Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge; able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions; strong problem-solving skills
• Contract financial management experience
Essential Functions (Enter essential functions that are not listed below under the relevant header):
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology or Science with at least 25 years’ experience in management of programs and projects
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• OR Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III Certification in Project Management
Highly Desired Experience
• MS in Engineering, Technology, or Science with at least 20 years’ experience in management of programs and projects
• Five years intelligence analysis experience is desired (MOS 35/350 series or DoD/IC equivalent)
TBG, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jacobs Technology Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.