Jacobs Network Security Administrator in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Provide administration and support of a critical enterprise service. Stay informed of emerging threats, preventive and defensive measures available with the current solution and configurations. Maintain the health and patching of the proxy solution. Provide daily updates and briefings and written weekly reports and metrics.
Individuals interested in a Network Security Administrator position require a strong technical background, including a working knowledge of network management protocols, networking architecture, authentication practices, and security administration. It is important that candidates keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations. They also should have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
• Implementing network security policies and procedures
• Administering and maintaining firewalls
• Managing, monitoring and updating malware prevention systems
• Monitoring security advisory groups to ensure all necessary network security updates, patches and preventive measures are in place
• Preventing and detecting intrusion
• Performing intrusion detection analysis
• Managing web proxy appliances
• Creation and modification of custom SNORT Rules for IDS architecture
• Support architecture and infrastructure for web proxy appliances
• Develop and update documentation for processes and technical guides
• Support a critical enterprise service
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Required Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: None
Description: Intensive and progressive experience in the candidate’s field of study and specialization
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required certifications
• DOD 8570.01-M compliance IAT II = CompTIA SCA+, CompTia Security+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP and RHCSA
• Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position may require night and weekend work.
• Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
• General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
• Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
• On-Call or after hours’ support may be required
• You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
• You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency or exercises
• Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
• Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.