Jacobs PC Technician in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
USSOCOM's mission is to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
PC Technician candidates need excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. They must be customer service-oriented, articulate and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PCs and peripherals, such as printers
• Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades
• Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues
• Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines
• Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades
• Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
• Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization
• Providing VIP support to key senior leaders in a timely, effective and courteous manner
• Providing on call support, including after hours and weekends
Here’s What You’ll Need:
ClearanceClearance for the positions vary: Secret; Top Scret, TS/SCI
Three years experience working as a PC Technician
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
• DOD 8570 IAT Level I or higher
• Preferred Education: Associate's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Preferred Experience:
o Proven experience as a PC Technician or similar role.
o LAN/WAN network experience.
o Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
• Preferred Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, and/or any Microsoft Windows 7/10 or Server 2012/2016 certifications
• Work will be performed inside a large facility or outdoors and in inclement weather conditions (i.e. heat, ice, wind, snow, rain). An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
• Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position may require night and weekend work.
• Climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors and desks. Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Must be able to Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
• Operating vehicles, hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
• General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
• Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
• On-Call or after hours’ support may be required
• Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
• Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.