Jacobs Analytic Full-Stack Developer, Mid in Fort Gordon, Georgia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
The Buffalo Group LLC. (TBG), a wholly owned subsidiary of Jacobs Technology Inc. is seeking key personnel to enable the Army Intelligence Enterprise (AIE) to deliver government (IC/enterprise) data and data services such as: cloud services, data integration, development operations (DEVSECOPS) and application program interface driven micro-services. The Data Science efforts associated with this effort support Intelligence Analysts by modernizing big data analytics, leveraging machine learning, and automating manual processes.
The goal of this effort is to support Army Intelligence Analysts in their mission by providing Data Science expertise and the necessary products and services required to add value to the Army Intelligence mission by applying data science approaches to intelligence problems to support commander decisions. The required Data Science Support provides value to Intelligence Analysts by: Identifying relationships, anomalies and patterns hidden in large volumes of data; including unstructured text, structured data and imagery with the desired end state to decrease the time and number of tasks that must be performed manually by intelligence analysts.
At TBG, you will be more than a rank and file - we’re looking for ambitious professionals with passion for their work and confidence in their ideas. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, we offer growth opportunities through promotion and professional development.
• Charlottesville, VA (NGIC)
• Fort Gordon, GA
• Fort Bragg, NC
• Fort Shafter, Hawaii
• San Antonio, TX
• Fort Meade, MD
• Wiesbaden, Germany
• Vicenza, Italy
• Camp Humphreys, South Korea
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Analytic Full-Stack Developer – Mid Level
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Create deployable web applications to solve real-world intelligence challenges
• Take analytic code from data scientist and integrate it into a graphical user interface
• Design, create, and implement user interfaces to meets the goals of objectives of the intelligence analysts
• Assist data engineer integrating external datasets into data pipeline(s)
• Deploy applications to commercial clouds
• Collaborate with Intelligence Analysts to understand needs, sketch out possible solutions, create solutions, and modify as necessary
• Develop processes and tools to test applications created to ensure the model deployment and maintenance is taken into consideration for the lifecycle of the model
• Conduct technical reviews and develop appropriate course materials to train system users and Instructors in preparation of operational deployments
• Document all processes, models, and activities to ensure that the application created will receive an authority to operate (ATO)
• Assess training requirements based on current system and functional baseline. Develop training artifacts in support of operations including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
• Conduct surveys, interviews, and research to develop solution strategies for alternative opportunities. Address the feasibility of developing standards or offer an alternative approach for capabilities that cannot be delivered through a common, industry-based standard
• Perform system requirements analysis consisting of a structured approach to translate users’ needs into a technical system, product definitions as well as functional and engineering requirements
• Conduct analysis, identify “as-is” and “to-be” processes, collect relevant data, information, and documentation to formulate and implement a solution or recommendation
• Develop data collection methods and tools to monitor status and provide updates when changes occur
• Develop business cases or feasibility studies to justify IT investment initiatives. These analyses shall include a case for action, analysis of business requirements, analysis-of-alternatives, functional analysis, technical solutions, risk analysis and economic analysis including a rough order of magnitude and costs for comparing various options
• TS/SCI Clearance
• CI Polygraph
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with several ongoing concurrent projects; able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good Interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of leadership
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques; desire to maintain currency on latest industry trends including completing additional training; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
• Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge; able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions; strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on production for re-use
• Goal-oriented, encouraging to team and staff; comfortable as a team-player, leader, and mentor
• Documented skill with at least one high-level programming language (Java, Python, PHP, etc.)
• Experience using at least one web framework (React, Vue.js, angular, Django, etc.)
• Experience with version control tools
• Experience with Linux systems and bash scripting
• Experience writing server-side APIs and using client-side APIs
• Experience using containerization such as Docker
• Familiarity with virtualization
• Documented proficiency with MS Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Documented proficiency with AWS, in particular products related to compute, database, and DevOps tools
• Experience with database solutions including SQL, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or software engineering with at least 4 years of experience conducting analysis relevant to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last two years
• OR AA in Computer Science or software engineering, or related discipline with 6 years of experience with at least a portion of the experience within the last two years
Highly Desired Experience:
• Five years intelligence analysis experience is desired (MOS 35/350 series or DoD/IC equivalent)
TBG, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jacobs Technology Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
- General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
- General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.