Jacobs Systems Administrator - TS/SCI w/Poly - Ft. Meade, Md. in Fort Meade, Maryland
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is seeking a Systems Administrator to work onsite in Columbia, MD. The duties include:
• Monitor, track, and assign Break/Fix (HD) and Install, Change, Move, Surplus (ICMS, i.e., SR) tickets
• Verify tickets for correct routing and research and reroute incorrectly routed tickets
• Update ticket status and provide work documentation on HD and SR tickets
• Prioritize and assign daily work/tasks based on Quality of Service, remaining SLA times, priority tasking, and first-in, first-out. Perform preliminary categorization of problems
• Assign tickets to appropriate queues. Notify site technicians of any priority or mission-critical problems or tickets and Route tickets to appropriate member of the site queue team
• Check tickets for incomplete items (missing asset #, location, etc.) or insufficient documentation. Complete required ticket updates and work documentation.
• Escalate problems or tickets to higher level management when required and/or necessary.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Active TS/SCI with current polygraph
• Must be able to work Early Day shift - (6am - 2pm Sunday thru Thursday)
• Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position.
• Must have 2 years of experience in customer service, technical helpdesk, office administration, or project management.
• Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills.
• Must have good interpersonal skills and willingness to be a team player.
• Must be comfortable prioritizing the work of others based on established directions and guidelines and working under moderate pressure.
• Must be an assertive individual with a great deal of flexibility and the ability to adapt to frequently changing work volumes.
• Knowledge of or familiarity with the SupportIT database/application is highly desirable. WINTEL and/or UNIX system administrators looking to perform non- technical work are also desired.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek 6am - 2pm Sunday through Thursday. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .