Jacobs Specifications Processing Lead in Gainesville, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus.
We're looking for a Specifications Processing Lead in Gainesville, FL who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to help bring to completion specification documentation that is an integral part of the design process working with engineering professionals around the world. With minimal direct guidance, you will provide support in processing to develop technical specifications for construction projects. Position provides opportunity to work on water, wastewater, pump stations, environmental, military, government, and a variety of other types of projects.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
• Work within the Specifications Processing Group for the delivery of project specifications using MS Word, Excel, and Adobe.
• Prepare all specifications in accordance with company standards, industry standards, client specific requirements, and protocols.
• Coordinate and lead activities associated with specification editing and finalizing as required across multiple disciplines to ensure deadlines are met.
• Communicate and work effectively with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization to get the information needed to create and publish specifications unique to each job.
• Proof and back check all work addressing any issues or questions with appropriate parties.
• Compile Contract Documents accordingly to make sure all sections, supplements, and table of contents is accurate.
• Set up and maintain project specification records for version control and file management.
• Finalize each project according to best practices for specifications.
• Handle sensitive material and matters with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
• Prepare, maintain, and archive project specifications and documents: Instructions, specifications, addenda, conformed documents, and PDFs.
• Perform as Lead Specs Processor (LSP) on Projects to meet scope, budget, and schedule ensuring a high-quality product delivery to clients.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• High school graduate, or equivalent
• Windows environment experience: proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, MS Teams, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat and/or BlueBeam are required.
• Advanced MS Word skills required include creating and applying templates, styles, and macros; creating and managing complicated page design and layout (such as, multiple sections, mirror margins, different odd/even page formatting, and field codes); document template organization (.dotx/.dotm); review/track changes; document compare, table creation/layout; and references (table of contents).
• Must be willing to learn a variety of software as required, as well as multiple company-specific software Add-ins.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects as well as adapt to a flexible workload.
• Proficiency in grammar and accuracy in typing and computer skills required.
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills for working multiple task assignments received from multiple sources, good human relations skills, and professional appearance.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Familiar with Construction Specification Institute (CSI) and Engineering Joint Contract Documents Committee (EJCDC) standards and formats preferred.
• Experience with ProjectWise, SpecsIntact, and MasterSpecs a plus.
• Experience in an architectural/engineering firm environment or similar field preferred.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.