Jacobs Senior Project Manager (m/w/d) in Garching, Germany
Der Geschäftsbereich People & Places Solutions steht für die Verbesserung unserer Lebensqualität rund um den Globus. Das Ziel, innovative Lösungen für unsere Umwelt und Gesellschaft zu entwickeln, treibt uns an.
Wir implementieren lebenswichtige Technologien, sorgen für sauberes Trinkwasser und stellen eine globale Vernetzung durch moderne Infrastruktur sowie neue Innovationen sicher. Unsere einzigartige, interdisziplinäre und ganzheitliche Herangehensweise macht es möglich, die Welt von Morgen nachhaltig zu prägen.
Bewerben Sie sich bei Jacobs und setzen Sie Ihre Karriere in einem Unternehmen fort, dass Ihnen die Möglichkeit gibt sich zu entwickeln, Ihre Bestleistungen hervorzubringen und die Zukunft zu gestalten.
At Jacobs, we’re continually challenging today to reinvent tomorrow. What we do is more than a job, we work every day to make the world better for all. As a Senior Project Manager at our growing German operations, you will be bringing conceptual ideas to life, producing cutting-edge design of systems that are fully integrated and executing game changing projects. As a seller-doer in our organization you will see projects through from start to finish, sometimes focusing more on sales and sometimes more on project or program management. You will build strong relationships with our clients to solve their toughest challenges.
Working together with senior management and sales leaders, you will identify projects that fit our overall strategy, establish customer contacts and help innovate and differentiate our service offerings for modern, sustainable and high-tech industries. In addition, a portion of your role will be to support proposals including proposal writing and level of effort estimating.
During project execution you will provide a main point of contact for our customers, subcontractors and partners, will organize and deploy our local German engineering staff in collaboration with their line management, will collaborate with the US and UK based subject matter experts as well as our global delivery centers in India and Poland.
This position is a key part of our strategy to follow our core global clients to Germany in industries such as automotive, cell and battery, data centers, power and energy, and electronics.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• BS or MS degree in architecture or electrical, mechanical, process or civil engineering, or related field
• Minimum 15 years of experience in project management of industrial projects
• Proven track record of successful client development and sales experience including preparing proposals and leading the delivery of work
• An understanding of the evolving regulatory framework in Europe
• Good communication and interpersonal skills including experience with client interactions and relationship development
• Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
• Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
• Conversant with MS Office Suite software
• Fluent in English and German (written & verbal); additional language competencies beneficial
The ideal candidate should possess and can demonstrate some of the following skills and knowledge:
• Experience with international project execution methodologies including integrated project management skills
• Experience with electric vehicle and/or battery cell production facilities
• Demonstrated experience presenting complex technical information and interpretations to client stakeholders in a readily understandable manner
• Experience supporting Project Managers (PMs) and Sales professionals in winning and delivering complex multi-discipline industrial projects for commercial and governmental clients
• History of effective collaboration with multiple technical disciplines including manufacturing, process, MEPC, architectural and structural
• Maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety and Quality Control in all work.
Remote work option is possible for this position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.