Jacobs Versorgungstechnik/HVAC Engineer (m/w/d) in Garching, Germany
Der Geschäftsbereich People & Places Solutions steht für die Verbesserung unserer Lebensqualität rund um den Globus. Das Ziel, innovative Lösungen für unsere Umwelt und Gesellschaft zu entwickeln, treibt uns an.
Wir implementieren lebenswichtige Technologien, sorgen für sauberes Trinkwasser und stellen eine globale Vernetzung durch moderne Infrastruktur sowie neue Innovationen sicher. Unsere einzigartige, interdisziplinäre und ganzheitliche Herangehensweise macht es möglich, die Welt von Morgen nachhaltig zu prägen.
Bewerben Sie sich bei Jacobs und setzen Sie Ihre Karriere in einem Unternehmen fort, dass Ihnen die Möglichkeit gibt sich zu entwickeln, Ihre Bestleistungen hervorzubringen und die Zukunft zu gestalten.
Jacobs is expanding its local engineering operations in Germany. The local team acts as main point of contact for our customers, subcontractors and partners, collaborates with the US based subject matter experts, and our global delivery centers located in India and Poland. The local team drives to bring conceptual designs to life, producing cutting-edge detailed design of systems that are fully integrated.
Versorgungstechnik/HVAC Engineer / Project Manager role description:
• Engineering project manager experienced in managing multiple sub-consultants (multi-office/multi engineering firms) execution
• Experienced mechanical engineer who is familiar with automotive manufacturing or similar industry, and is technically proficient in their field, as well as:
o Is very strong with the codes and regulations in Germany (ideally Brandenburg)
o Has a strong command of physics and engineering basic principles and who can create conceptual designs
o Is technically strong with specifications, P&IDs and engineering systems
o Can effectively manage schedules, budgets, teams, and adapt to the client's culture quickly
Jacobs Local Responsibilities:
• Lead the design team for mechanical engineering for new construction in various locations across Germany, including directing contract design engineering activities and tracking hours and deliverables of reporting engineers (team of 15 or more engineers, across geographical, language and cultural borders).
• Provide input to the engineering team with regards to the local codes and standards, design scope changes, deliverables, timelines, and provide feedback on deliverables quality.
• Provide engineering support to operations to help resolve process bottlenecks and other long-standing issues. Successful candidate will also be expected to provide technical expertise to the engineering/design team and other groups within organization as a subject matter expert (SME)
• Leader in the front-end designs including deliverables such as scope development, conceptual design package, specification development, sequence of operations/control philosophy development,
• Interface with external Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) firms during bid and project execution phases as needed to ensure that designs and specifications meet our Engineering Standards.
• Review process design work performed by others on the Mechanical Team to ensure every design maintains the highest level of quality. Continually develop and improve upon project workflows and standards to ensure each design is consistently excellent.
• Participate in on-site construction and commissioning activities by acting as the point of contact for technical questions and real-time issue resolution.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Technical competency in German engineering codes, regulations, including fire protection standards, including level of detail required for permitting and construction
• Bachelor’s Degree in Process or Mechanical Engineering or relevant professional experience.
• At least 3-7 years of experience in Mechanical Systems Design, Improvement or Operations within a high-tech industry such as automotive, semiconductor, specialty chemical, solar, battery, etc. A combination of experience with an owner operator and an EPC firm is highly desired.
• Prior experience in automotive manufacturing design preferred
• Experience with design and operation of systems such as HVAC, air handling, dust collection, Ex-rated ventilation, mechanical de-smoking, natural gas, chilled and hot water and other (preferred)
• Possess working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit MEP, Navisworks, Bluebeam, Orca or similar specification development software
• Ability to communicate fluently in German and English, and interface at an executive level
Remote work option is possible for this position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.