Jacobs Senior Engineer – Electrical in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer with extensive experience in the infrastructure/maritime/defence equipment industries to join our Engineering Team supporting the Defence & Security Business. This role will be based out of our Glasgow office with opportunity for remote working, but there will be a need for periodic visits to client sites, as projects require.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Contribute to the delivery of Engineering Plans through the provision of engineering expertise and undertaking a defined list of engineer activities.
• Leading/working with a team of electrical engineers in developing engineering deliverables throughout various stages of the project.
• Information gathering, undertaking desktop studies and contributing to client activities such as:
o Supplier Contract Deliverables
o Hazard Actions, Test Forms, OEM/System Handbooks, Kill Cards and Start/Stop Procedures,
o System calculations, philosophy documents and proofs.
o Engineering Change Requests
o Acceptance Evidence and Documentation to the customer
• Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
• Provide discipline interface to other disciplines / areas of the business.
• Production of required outputs such as:
o System calculations, diagrams and drawings supporting Design and assessment tasks, specific to own discipline.
o Design and Assessment Studies
o Technical Reports and Specifications
o Presentation material
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Significant experience in engineering or an infrastructure, maritime or defence equipment related industry
• Possess in depth knowledge of the electrical engineering discipline and be familiar with electrical systems/equipment such as:
o HV/LV distribution systems and switchboards
o Power solutions for combat systems
o Domestic and portable electrical equipment
o Emergency electrical distribution systems
o Safety of Life At Sea (SOLAS) power supply requirements and equipment
o Cabling and cable routes from the switchboards to the consumer equipment
• Knowledge and experience in use of design processes and systems
• Extensive technical knowledge and problem solving in Electrical systems
• The candidate should be computer literate, have an intermediate skill level in Excel and be familiar with CAD
• Previous experience on other projects of complexity, experience in a contracting environment and relevant site experience
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to deliver to deadlines.
• Possess suitable security clearance or capable of obtaining relevant NSV clearance
• Willing to travel if/when required.
• Typically degree qualified (not essential), likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
• Has a knowledge of Relux lighting software.
• Meet the requirements for registration As Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body
• Appreciation of the value of the engineering lifecycle and the relationship to the Lifecycle Management Process.
• Exposure to regulatory and statutory requirements of the product and understands potential liabilities.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.